All reviews paseo montejo fantastic guy rooms are basic budget hotel stay somewhere else min walk stayed nights within blocks restaurants and bars perfect location safe area hot water lovely hotel the air conditioning roosters dulce noise
Reviewed 10 March 2018

When I booked, I asked if they had an elevator as I'm handicapped. They automatically moved me to a ground floor room beside the pool at no extra charge. I asked where I could get laundry done and Cecelia who cleans my room took my laundry and returned it all neatly folded. My computer suffered a fatal failure. The lady at the front desk has a younger brother who is a guru and had it fixed within 24 hours.
Juan, the manager checked with me every day to see what I needed and Matilda cooked a delicious breakfast just the way I like it. Couldn't be better.

Room tip: All rooms look into courtyard and swimming pool
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Hotel S, Gerente at Hotel Santa Ana, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2018

Reviewed 18 January 2018 via mobile

On my 7th mission into the jungles of yucatan... I have wanted to try so many of these little hotels... just not with a group of people.

It's a very quaint and comfy place. Desk is always cheerful and helpful. English is understood here. The proximity to everything in Centro can't be beat. Dining options galore within 3 blocks.

You will definitely get your monies worth here. I didn't eat the breakfast although it smelled delicious. Don't be alarmed if you hear a rooster crow... it's certainly not going to over shadow the bells at the church. A wonderful stay. My poolside room was dated but easy enough to sleep and shower in.

I would stay again.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo

Reviewed 5 January 2018

This hotel is a very good alternative for travelers with a budget. Great location and clean. Has a little pool that saves your life when it's really hot outside. Offers a cheap and adequate breakfast.

Room tip: Good hotel if you travel with a limited budget.
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Hotel S, Gerente at Hotel Santa Ana, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2018

Reviewed 4 December 2017

Where to start? My wife and I spent a week at Hotel Santa Ana, and it was delightful. The staff is so friendly -- Juan Carlos, Eduardo, Dulce, Mildred and Marco were all friendly and helpful, it was like they adopted us into their extended family. Before we left, Juan Carlos and Eduardo both told us that we had family in Merida. If you are expecting or wanting an American style hotel, this is not the hotel for you. But if you want an authentic Mexican experience in a clean and comfortable hotel with a staff that will look out for you and treat you like family, this is the place to go. The price can't be beat, and it is so convenient to Merida Centro. We will most definitely be back! We could not have hoped to find a better place.

Room tip: Deluxe rooms are on the first floor by the pool, all others are upstairs.
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 August 2017

My family and I stayed at Hotel Santa Ana for three nights. We really enjoyed our stay. The people were friendly and very helpful. The rooms were clean with great AC and free WiFi. This hotel has a great location within blocks from the main square in Merida. The Santa Ana park is pretty close to the hotel where you can find great restaurants and stores. We liked the hotel and it is pretty affordable. The hotel has a nice swimming pool too.

Date of stay: July 2017