Los Arcos Bed & Breakfast
US$108
  • Pool
Hotel del Peregrino(Merida)(Great Value!)
US$54
  • Breakfast included
Merida Santiago Hotel Boutique(Merida)
US$185
US$153
US$134
US$80
Luz En Yucatan(Merida)(Great Value!)
US$57
  • Pool
US$113
US$110
US$131
US$117
Koox Art 57 Boutique Hotel(Merida)(Great Value!)
US$76
Agoda.com
US$206
US$197
US$274
US$267
All reviewsthe main housedavid reedart collectiontamalesbed and breakfastconsummate hostthe perfect hostguest rooms arean oasisbeautiful housethe perfect place to staysite seeingprivate hometen minute walkeach morningwithin easy walking distancecultural events
New York
Reviewed 3 August 2005

My stay at Los Arcos Bed and Breakfast in Merida Yucatan is one of the reasons I decided to move permanently to Merida. David and Jim are wonderful hosts that make you feel right at home! My experience staying there is always a pleasure. Attentive personnel, beautiful and uniquely decorated rooms, lavish pool and delicious breakfast. Everyone at Los Arcos made our experience unforgettable. If you go to Merida, Los Arcos is a must!!

Faye Jorgensen
New York

12  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 28 July 2005

We stayed in Los Arcos for 5 days in February and would have stayed longer had Davis not been fully booked. We had a wonderful 5 days and were truly impressed with the imaginative design of the hotel and the level of comfort and attentiveness we experienced whilst there. David and his staff were so helpful, nothing being too much trouble from the great breakfasts, a cup of English tea after a heavy day sightseeing and wraps and beer by the pool. The garden is delightful, an oasis in which to slowly enjoy breakfast, listen to the birds and flowing water or float in the pool at the end of the day. The rooms are amazing; the walls covered with antiques and art, and the bathrooms spacious and cool. We had such a wonderful experience there.

• Stayed: February 2005
15  Thank Mags61
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 27 July 2005

I can't recommend Los Arcos enough. When we booked our trip to Merida, we were hoping to find a rare combination - a quiet space where we could relax and a city with sights and sounds to explore. We found this and much more.

Los Arcos is beautiful home with two lovely, well taken care of guest houses. It lies in the centre of the city, with easy walking access to all of Merida Centro’s attractions. When we walked through the doors of the main house, we felt as though we had entered a sanctuary. The tropical garden and pool lie between the main house and the guest houses and provided an idyllic setting for lounging, reading, sunbathing and late night swims under the stars. We were provided with a beautifully presented breakfast every morning to get our day off to the right start (very good coffee and no ‘strict’ rules on when we had to eat made this even more enjoyable). Friendly conversation, suggestions for site seeing and restaurants, a beer from the fridge and time alone to relax were always there when we needed them – just right the right combination of service and privacy.

While the setting at Los Arcos deserves rave reviews (it’s even better than the pictures on their website Losarcosmerida), it is the people and atmosphere they have created that make this bed and breakfast a gem. David and Jim, the owners made us feel welcome and relaxed from the moment we arrived. Alberto, the concierge, took very good care of us – from breakfast through to taking us site seeing in the area. Babe, Isabella and Maya (the lovely and well behaved resident dogs) gave us a friendly welcome home each day.

While I would like to keep Los Arcos our little secret, it is too nice of a find not to share. If you don’t go, you really are missing out. We'll be making a second trip for certain.

• Stayed: July 2005
14  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Miami
Reviewed 18 July 2005

Los Arcos is a beautiful place to stay during your visit to Merida, the tranquility and beautiful garden will release you stress and you will find the owner to be an excellent host. I plan my next vacation to stay in this beautiful bread and breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2005
14  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 17 July 2005

I have made three trips to Merida in the last year and can't believe my luck in finding this jewel of a bed and breakfast. The owners, David and Jim, have lovingly added two rooms to the courtyard of their home which are available for guests. Both rooms overlook the pool area and the beautiful gardens. The rooms are decorated with artwork and artifacts from Mexico, and the bathrooms are spacious and well appointed. The beds are so comfortable that you actually sleep instead of tossing and turning all night. My husband and I have stayed in many foreign rooms, and the first thing he looks for is CNN in English. Not only does this B&B provide CNN, but multiple English speaking channels are available on the tv. You can actually watch the evening news if you're inclined to do so. There is internet access to check your email, and suggestions from David as to where to eat and where to go. Merida is a delightful town which provides free nightly entertainment and has multiple restaurants running from fast food to gourmet. David will keep you up to date on all of the happenings. He is so thoughtful that he even provided me with a six pack of my favorite Mexican beer so that the first thing I did after my long flight and drive from Cancun to Merida was to sit by the pool, drinking beer and getting all the news since my last visit. I often travel by myself, and feel completely secure at Los Arcos. I hope I never have to stay anywhere else while in Merida.

12  Thank lippincottfarm