“Lovely place, fantastic service.”
Review of Cascadas de Merida

Cascadas de Merida
Ranked #5 of 86 Merida B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 April 2013

I went to Merida and Cascadas in February 2013 with my mom, and stayed for four nights. The house and rooms were beautiful and elegant,, with a lovely pool in the centre. The breakfasts were amazing, and the hosts offered us drinks and liquados in the daytime.
Unfortunatly, I got really sick and had to stay in bed for a few days. Fortunatly, we were in the right place. Ellwyn gave me clean sheats, a special herbal tea for my throught, and best of all, she drove me to a hospital and helped translate to a doctor to make sure I got the best care and help. I got some strong medicine which made me better and we managed to get on with our vacation. Thank you so much!
I would absolutely recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank SarafromStockholm

Reviewed 26 March 2013

We discovered this Bed and Breakfast through Trip Advisor and once again found the recommendations to be accurate and reliable. Cascadas was a just perfect in so many ways-peaceful, beautiful, great beds, even greater breakfasts and it was centrally located for lots of walking. Staying in Merida is a perfect base for exploring the surrounding area either by car (recommended-driving is easy and gives you so much freedom) or organized small tours. Last and best is Ellyne's enthusiasm and wealth of knowledge for the area which she shares generously. We cannot recommend this highly enough.

Room Tip: All rooms looked equally lovely
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pamela R
Reviewed 24 March 2013

Even tho we live in Mexico, it was my 1st trip to the Yucatan area. Shortly before we left, I had an MRI and the Dr advised limited walking due to a couple herniated disc's but taxis were cheaper than Mazatlan. Ellyne and her husband were a wealth of information and made it easier for me to enjoy what I could. I am not a breakfast eater but ate I did and they were great (of course Ellyne's arm twisting helped). The rooms were wonderful, layed out around the pool. Hammocks and chaises were also available with relaxing waterfalls both outside and inside. The rooms were nice and I was missing the waterfalls when we returned to Mazatlan. Ellyne hooked us up with Dennis, a licensed driver, who was extremely nice and knowledgeable for a couple of day trips that we really enjoyed. I feel fortunate to have stayed there and to spend time with owners at their beautiful accommodations.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Richard C
Reviewed 24 March 2013

This was our fourth trip to Merida. If you want to be in the centro historico, Cascades has everything you need: fabulously comfortable beds, cleanliness and quiet, hospitable and generous hosts who really make an effort to help wherever possible, delicious breakfast 'feast,' snacks and drinks, and proximity to the main square and lots of restaurants, or a quick taxi to the Paseo. Ellen also directed us to an excellent place to buy fine silver jewellry - not cheap but great quality and selection...

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 March 2013

My wife and I had a wonderful time at Cascada. The breakfasts are the best you will get anywhere. Ellyne is one of the owners, and she runs the day to day business. As much as I enjoyed the accommodations, and they were everything advertized, I enjoyed the time spent with the owners. You know how some times you feel like you did not get your money's worth? Well, here, it seemed like you get more than you pay for. Very nice people and clean cozy rooms with more privacy than B&B's are normally associated with. Four cabins around a pretty court yard/pool. You can come and go without feeling you are invading anyone's space, the way the entrance is set up. The employees are treated as family. The hosts are excellent at giving you as much help as you want or as much space as you want.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank jimmymacIV
Reviewed 11 March 2013

My wife and I went to Merida for a long weekend. I usually shy away from B&Bs (creepy hosts, no privacy). LOCATION: excellent, same street as some of the must eat restaurants. short walk into the main square & all rooms very quiet. AESTHETIC/COMFORT: Funky (waterwalls/pools everywhere) but very well built. All the cascadas are very soothing and well thought out. Pool is deliciously fresh. Room is very comfortable AC works well, fastidiously clean, etc. FOOD: Excellent breakfast spread. Lots of food & lots of choice. Excellent egg dishes every morning (chilaquiles, huevos motuleños) + well as good fresh coffee, lots of fresh fruit (papaya, mango, black/raspberries), baked goods, juices, yogurts, etc. streets ahead of expectations. HOSPITALITY: Host is the the genuine article. Never have I felt so at home and at ease with a B&B host. Very good recs, had our best interests in mind, generous beyond belief. Incredibly generous with the bar.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mdlgto
Reviewed 6 March 2013

This was a first trip to Mexico for my husband and I, and although I did a lot of research there's no making up for being a neophyte and non-Spanish speaker. Cascadas was a perfect choice for us, it's comfortable without being pretentious, centrally located but not overly so because Merida is a busy city. It's a small B & B, just a few rooms, so you have an opportunity to get to know other guests. Breakfasts are wonderful, and enough to keep you going until dinner. We enjoyed talking with other visitors and our hosts, Ellyne & Chucho (a nickname, not sure of spelling). For us, they were the best part of our stay, enriching our appreciation of Merida far beyond what we would have picked up on our own during our short stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple