“Beautiful B&B, lovely hosts!”
Review of Cascadas de Merida

Cascadas de Merida
Ranked #5 of 86 Merida B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I wish I lived in a house like this one!! A friend and I visited Merida in early January and we stayed here for three nights. Ellyne and her staff made us feel like we were staying with family---what I enjoyed most was her breakfast of fresh fruits, stuffed omelets, scones and so much more. She also had great recommendations about restaurants and touristy things to do. There are four rooms, all beautifully decorated, that open into a courtyard of sorts, with a swimming pool and some hammocks and chairs which is great when you want to call it a night but don't necessarily want to retire to your room. It's located in a residential area, but its a short 15 minute walk or 5 minute cab ride from the main square in Merida. There is free wifi and a hairdryer in the room along with all the required toiletries. I'd say definitely ditch the generic hotels for this charming little B&B---you won't be sorry!

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are almost identical with one queen (?) sized bed except one room that has two...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 25 January 2014

It is no wonder that Cascadas de Merida has won ANOTHER award; the hosts are absolutely wonderful. I live in Merida and so I do not have occasion to stay at the C de M but I have sent numerous guests there and they all rave about what a fantastic place I chose for them. Ellyne and Chucho go the extra mile for their guests... and this reflects well on our whole city

Room Tip: None necessary; all the rooms are perfectly appointed and spotless
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 January 2014

There aren't enough adjectives for Cascadas de Merida, but let me try: the home itself is beautiful, convenient, spotless, super relaxing, calming, bright, modern, artistic … the breakfasts are delicious, colourful, healthy, abundant, varied, and feature local foods … and the amazing hosts are caring, kind, informed, super helpful, and a step ahead on everything. I've stayed twice now, this time with my 80+ year-old mom, and I wouldn't go anywhere else in Merida. It was safe to walk alone at night, there's local dances and music a few blocks away, and the hustle and bustle of the more touristy area (galleries, shopping, markets) is a ten-minute walk away too. We took day tours that Ellyne kindly arranged for us: Chichen Itza, Kabah, Uxmal, and a functional hacienda with cenote. I'd recommend it more, except I don't want it to be booked when I want to go again!

Room Tip: All the rooms are fabulous.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 January 2014

This comfortable B&B will be our "home-away-from-home" when we return to Merida! Rarely do such places live up to their descriptions, but this one was even better than described. Previous reviews have said it all -- warm and attentive hosts, beautifully restored home, scrumptious breakfasts, and everything immaculately clean and well-kept. We've traveled throughout Mexico for the past 20 years, but our stay at Cascadas last month (Dec 2-10) might have been the best nights of sleep I've ever had in that country. Ellyne and Chucho pay attention to things that help guests feel pampered -- great beds, sheets, and towels. As others have noted, Ellyne was helpful in pointing out things of interest in Merida and the Yukatan, with exactly the right amount of assistance based on our interests. Absolutely no downside to this place!

Room Tip: All four casitas are equal, opening onto the pool.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 January 2014

We stayed two days, we loved our hosts, best breakfast you can get in Mexico! Safe and quiet area - just few minutes walk from the historic center. Elena was very helpful and fun, as well as her husband and their staff. Such nice people with exceptional worm hospitality. Place was clean quiet full of colors makes you don't want to leave the building. Lots of love is put into designing this place. We loved our room and time that we spend in Cascadas de Merida . We are highly recommending this beautiful oasis.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

The nondescript house can easily be missed from the outside but you will take notice once you enter. Beautiful decor inside!

Excellent B&B with a most helpful owner, great service, superb base for visiting Merida and touring nearby sites. Beautiful little house! Cannot recommend highly enough.

The breakfast, served at one table for all the guests - there are 4 rooms only - is a treat itself.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I came here with my husband and in-laws for 2 nights and we wish we would have booked for longer. The b&b is located close to the historic center, but just far enough away from the noise and traffic. The rooms or "casitas" are ideal - comfortable beds, nice decor, air conditioning. The showers were a nice surprise. Like the casitas, the pool and common room are clean and lovely. Ellyne gave us a very warm welcome and tons of good advice on where to eat and what to see. Overall the place exceeded our expectations and is very good value!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple