“Wonderful B&B in Merida”
Review of Cascadas de Merida

Cascadas de Merida
Ranked #5 of 85 Merida B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 February 2014

This was our first experience with a B&B. We were pleasantly surprised by the location, property, care and attention provided by Ellyne, Cuccho and their staff. The casita was spacious, comfortable, clean, and poolside. The outdoor patio was enjoyed very much early in the day and after venturing into City Centro. We were treated each morning with a fabulous breakfast and news of the day along with things to do. Each evening on our own or in the company of other guests we enjoyed a cool drink before dinner. I would highly recommend Cascadas de Merida.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Cascadas de Merida

Reviewed 4 February 2014

I don't usually write reviews but this place wills me to.
I have never experienced hosts as helpful and friendly as Ellyne and Chucho. If some go the extra mile, these guys double it. The gorgeous pool/courtyard, a shower recess to wow the senses, and such tasteful room decorations make this place a touch of paradise.
Our stay in Cascadas de Merida was the first place in Mexico and now all hotels/b'n'b's are compared to it. If you need information about ANYTHING in Merida, Ellyne and Chucho will have it - 95% straight up, 5% they'll find out by the time the next delicious breakfast is served.

Room Tip: All rooms are the same so no bother which one you get - they're all wonderful. We peeked in ano...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 January 2014

When we, husband, wife and adult daughter, walked into Cascadas from a very ordinary looking street we amazed at the property and delighted by the warm welcome we received from Ellyne, quickly followed by a delicious fruit drink. We had 2 rooms, loved the brightly coloured floors, the quality of the furniture and furnishings in the public areas and throughout the property. Lovely, big comfortable beds, colourful furnishings in the casitas(self contained rooms) and huge shower cubicles and shower heads. The casitas were spotlessly clean and only a step to the pool. Amazing that a family back yard had been transformed into a private, secluded and delightful area with the pool, lovely waterfalls and hammocks to relax in. Breakfasts were eaten at a splendidly set table. Everything was first class from the crockery and cutlery to the healthy and wide ranging breakfast foods. Great tea, too. Ellyne was ever helpful and informative. We were there over the New Year and Elleyne provided each of us with wine and our twelve grapes to make wishes for each month of the coming year. We loved Cascadas and highly recommend it.

Room Tip: There are only four casitas, each placed at a corner of the pool. The only choice to make is whether...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I wish I lived in a house like this one!! A friend and I visited Merida in early January and we stayed here for three nights. Ellyne and her staff made us feel like we were staying with family---what I enjoyed most was her breakfast of fresh fruits, stuffed omelets, scones and so much more. She also had great recommendations about restaurants and touristy things to do. There are four rooms, all beautifully decorated, that open into a courtyard of sorts, with a swimming pool and some hammocks and chairs which is great when you want to call it a night but don't necessarily want to retire to your room. It's located in a residential area, but its a short 15 minute walk or 5 minute cab ride from the main square in Merida. There is free wifi and a hairdryer in the room along with all the required toiletries. I'd say definitely ditch the generic hotels for this charming little B&B---you won't be sorry!

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are almost identical with one queen (?) sized bed except one room that has two...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 January 2014

It is no wonder that Cascadas de Merida has won ANOTHER award; the hosts are absolutely wonderful. I live in Merida and so I do not have occasion to stay at the C de M but I have sent numerous guests there and they all rave about what a fantastic place I chose for them. Ellyne and Chucho go the extra mile for their guests... and this reflects well on our whole city

Room Tip: None necessary; all the rooms are perfectly appointed and spotless
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 January 2014

There aren't enough adjectives for Cascadas de Merida, but let me try: the home itself is beautiful, convenient, spotless, super relaxing, calming, bright, modern, artistic … the breakfasts are delicious, colourful, healthy, abundant, varied, and feature local foods … and the amazing hosts are caring, kind, informed, super helpful, and a step ahead on everything. I've stayed twice now, this time with my 80+ year-old mom, and I wouldn't go anywhere else in Merida. It was safe to walk alone at night, there's local dances and music a few blocks away, and the hustle and bustle of the more touristy area (galleries, shopping, markets) is a ten-minute walk away too. We took day tours that Ellyne kindly arranged for us: Chichen Itza, Kabah, Uxmal, and a functional hacienda with cenote. I'd recommend it more, except I don't want it to be booked when I want to go again!

Room Tip: All the rooms are fabulous.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 January 2014

This comfortable B&B will be our "home-away-from-home" when we return to Merida! Rarely do such places live up to their descriptions, but this one was even better than described. Previous reviews have said it all -- warm and attentive hosts, beautifully restored home, scrumptious breakfasts, and everything immaculately clean and well-kept. We've traveled throughout Mexico for the past 20 years, but our stay at Cascadas last month (Dec 2-10) might have been the best nights of sleep I've ever had in that country. Ellyne and Chucho pay attention to things that help guests feel pampered -- great beds, sheets, and towels. As others have noted, Ellyne was helpful in pointing out things of interest in Merida and the Yukatan, with exactly the right amount of assistance based on our interests. Absolutely no downside to this place!

Room Tip: All four casitas are equal, opening onto the pool.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple