“Best Thai curry this side of Bangkok”
Review of Ave Del Paraiso

Ave Del Paraiso
Ranked #4 of 897 Restaurants in Merida
Price range: US$3 - US$7
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 23 June 2014

What a pleasure today sampling superb Thai curry in Merida!! This small, intimate and charming cafe between Barrio Santiago and Santa Ana can compete with the best of restaurants in Merida. Located in a beautifully yrestored colonial building on Calle 66, Paraiso is well worth a visit. After years in Asia, my wife and I know curry. Today's yellow curry with chicken and green curry with pork were both superb. A gourmet satay is also on the menu. Run by a charming couple whose main objective is to please, I highly recommend this boutique oasis in Merida's historical district. Open for lunch and dinner during the off season. Also try their coffee from Veracruz. Can't wait to return.

2  Thank Bill1047

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We moved here to Merida four months ago from Texas where excellent Thai food was always available. Frankly, Thai food was one of the few foods I had been missing since we got here. What a wonderful meal we had at Bistro Ave Del Paraiso. The appetizers (bruschetta, chicken satays), the Green Curry with shrimp and the Yellow Curry with chicken were all delicious/fresh and the service excellent. Dessert was fantastic.
It is a lovely restaurant on a quiet street, away from the crowds(for now). Be sure to go there soon because as the word gets out there will be a line around the block. Check their days/hours.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

This is a favorite restaurant of mine and my guests and neighbors. The service, atmosphere and TASTE of everything is amazing. Taste all of the curries and try to choose a favorite. The owners Marcel and Alma Rosa have created a warm friendly atmosphere and personally make sure that each and every guest is pleased. This is a weekly stop for us- highly recommended!

Reviewed 13 June 2014

This restaurant has super friendly owners who cook up a mean green curry. My fiance and I throughly enjoyed our meals and will definitely return the next time we are in Merida. This is a must - visit restaurant near centro.

1  Thank unorugby
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We tried this restaurant after a recommendation from friends in Merida. It is in a nicely restored house on C66 with contemporary decor of a European feel. We ate there three times during the two weeks we were in Merida. The first time we shared a half-order of the chicken satay. I had the curry while my wife had the spinach quiche. We devoured the satay while loving the peanut sauce and sweet/hot sauce. The curry was good but a little much for a warm evening. My wife loved the flakey crust of the quiche and it came with a side salad. The next time we had a full order of chicken satay and lemon cake for dessert. Yum! On the third visit at lunchtime, I tried the eggs dish which was excellent. My wife had the spinach quiche again. The couple who own this place does the cooking and the serving. They are very pleasant and each made sure we were pleased with our meals. They are not able to serve beer or wine yet but it is still worth a visit. Hope they continue to succeed.

1  Thank 2TravelersBB