“Great hotel, great location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Casa Lucia

Hotel Casa Lucia
Ranked #10 of 103 Hotels in Merida
London
“Great hotel, great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 1 night and had a great experience. Our room was huge, with a bathroom the size of my bedroom in London! My sis/bro-in-law had a smaller room (don't know why), but it was nice as well. The hotel is very conveniently located, near the main attractions in Merida. There is also a street market on Thursday evenings, which starts right outside the hotel. We ate some yummy "crepes" with nutella there! Definitely recommend staying at this hotel and eating at restaurants called Amaro and Freida.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Guelph, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2012

I returned last week to find things falling down, the waiters were trying to sell me tings which was very new, the menu had been cut down to just pizza and sandwiches..before they had amazing pastas. Although it had a beautiful pool and so much character...it isnt what it used to be :(

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank DawnCorrigan
Mexico City, Mexico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2012

My wife and I stayed here for a night for a wedding we went to near Merida. We decided on this place because it was on the list of hotels the wedding party listed, and it looked nice in the photos.

It was a quaint place, but by no means a "boutique" hotel worth what they charge. The room was a bit musty, but it cleared up after the A/C ran for a bit. The amenities in the room were ok, and there was no hot water. I wasn't too bothered by the later due to the heat at 3pm.

None of the above would have warranted a post had the following situation not occurred.

Shortly after we arrived, the guy in charge started talking to us about the area and the crafts etc. We decided to freshen up and go check out the city, the same man offered to walk us to the zocalo, so we accepted and as we walked he told us about this area where the indigenous population comes to sell their products. We agreed to check it out and he brought us to this little store, walked us in and disappeared. There was no trip to the Zocalo, or sites, just this little store selling local wares. Long story short we ended up getting ripped at the store, paying too much for what turned out to shabby material. Afterward we walked around, without our "guide" and headed back.

Yes, no one forced me to buy anything, and yes I may have trusted everyone more than I should have but I assumed if a hotel employee takes me somewhere it is not to take advantage of me.

We ordered some food back at the hotel and again, paid too much for a cruddy sandwich and salad.

I felt as if I were being taken advantage of at every opportunity, this is coming from a couple that has lived in Mexico City for four years and is fluent in Spanish.

The hotel itself wasn't terrible, and the rest of the staff was very friendly, but this experience almost ruined the entire trip (Thank goodness for the beautiful wedding).

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
9 Thank Daveizzy
Guelph, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2012

I have spent many months in Merida, and whenever I have visitors I always send them here. The staff is great, the food is great and its located downtown Merida. This is a quiet hotel with lots of mexican character. The pool is beautiful and the beds are amazing. I believe the owner has sold it and it isn't as kept up as usual, but I believe they are working on it. Food is so great too !!! You dont go to mexico to connect to the internet, or to work out.... you explore....

Room Tip: because of the heat the rooms are all musty at first, crack a window and it will be fine in minutes...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Ponce, Puerto Rico
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

except for it location and a friendly staff there is nothing positive to say about the hotel. the room was in need of serious upgrade specially the bathroom,the pool and it surroundings and the main lobby.Certainly it looks old like from the 70's not what a modern"boutique hotel" should look and offer.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank cjh7659
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

We spent three nights over the Easter weekend. The staff was extremely pleasant and we had a large room overlooking the courtyard and the pool. We also had a small fridge that was very usefull for pop and water. The temperature on Saturday was nearly 40 degrees. The hotel is only about 3 minutes from the main square and there are abundant restaurants in very close proximity.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Pepeone111
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2012

Definitely not my idea of a boutique hotel and overpriced for what you get. My room smelled musty and the windows didn't open. The Internet didn't work in my room which was a drag especially because there were so many mosquitoes by the pool and in the lobby. I'm glad I only booked for one night.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo