“Best Snails for breakfast!”
Review of Escargot

Escargot
Ranked #1 of 3 Bakeries in Merida
Cuisines: French, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
“Best Snails for breakfast!”
Reviewed 30 January 2014

We found this little ( newly opened, I think) bakery by our hotel recommendation and are we ever glad! They have the Best French filled croissants and snails with raisins, or cranberries - possibly in the world! I know, an extravagant claim, but really, first thing in the morning, well, 9am, when you first bite into these wonderful concoctions, you will agree. And yes, we were the gringos lining up before 9 am, smelling the delicious aroma, coming from the closed door, putting off the start of our day to get some of these. And they also serve coffee - good espresso coffee! The chef says he is from San Cristobal but I believe he is really from a suburb of Paris.

Bonus: watching people line up to catch collectivos across the street, whilst waiting for the opening door. I wish I was there now

• Visited January 2014