All reviewsthe main squareswimming poolhuge bedan oasisbusy cityair confew blocksbreakfast is servedmexican breakfastsmall hotelloved meridavisiting meridawithin easy walking distancebeautiful hotelluxury hoteltown squaresanta lucia
Reviewed 26 January 2009

Our stay here was horrible. This stay ruined our family (wife, baby, in-laws) vacation. There was no hot water while staying there, my mother in-law’s bracelet disappeared, and the rooms I reserved and confirmed on-line where changed (room facing the pool) when I checked in. Not having hot water during our entire stay there was related to a part according to the manager. Each day that went by was the same excuse and the same promise that it was going to be fixed. Due to these daily promises we had no other choice but to tolerate not taking showers at times or taking cold showers (especially when all five of us got sick with food poising). The day I had enough was when my baby got sick with diarrhea which got her very dirty, I had no choice but to give her a cold shower which broke our heart due to her tears and cry that where related to the cold water. I asked the front desk to speak to the owner which she called him on the phone. When I spoke to him about the problem he told me it was a city problem and that all of the hotels had the same problem. I told him that was hard to believe and that I was going to look into the truth of his statement. I then told him that I shouldn’t have to pay the full price of staying here after having so many issues with my stay. He offered to discount 20% off my stay. My question to you is this, are you willing to go through what we went through for 20% off your bill?

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family
6  Thank LongBeach_CATraveler
Hacienda_Merida, Manager at Hotel Hacienda Merida, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2009

Dear costumer,

We are sincerely sorry that your stay in our establishment has not fulfilled your expectations. Indeed, due to a water supply problem of the city, we were in the impossibility to deliver hot water to our clients during a period of approximately 12 hours. We tried to compensate this incommodity by granting you a 20% rebate on your stay, which represents practically one free night on the four spent.

We are also sorry that certain family members of yours were sick during your stay. We have communicated with the restaurant you had been to, and informed them that a few of our guests had been sick after eating in their establishment.

As for the bracelet, you did tell us that the object may have been forgotten in our hotel, for which reason we mobilized all of our personal in order to researched this item.

The satisfaction of our costumers is our priority. Once again, we are sincerely sorry that your stay has not leved to your expectations.

Warmest Regards,

The Direction.

Reviewed 17 December 2008

My husband and I went to the hotel Hacienda Merida for our honeymoon... One word: AMAZING!!!!

Liked:
- Beautiful hotel. Colonial but with a mix of modern furniture and amazing art. The rooms are so cosy and very well decorated, we just loved them. Very clean, and spacious bathrooms. Loved the natural products (srub, shampoo, soap... all natural).
- Great location. Just a few blocks away from really restaurants and the main square, where there are activities all day and night (music, dancing, food...).
- Excellent service. Everyone made sure our stay was great, we even got a courtesy bottle of champagne for us to celebrate our honeymoon. We even met the owners of the hotel, who invited us for a drink in their beautiful home.
- Very affordable price!!! We really thought staying in such a hotel would have been overly expensive, considering the quality of the service, but it turns out this hotel is one of the best priced in Merida!

Disliked:
- Leaving!!!

We are now in Playa del Carmen, if only they could open a branch here!!!

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Travel_All_World
Reviewed 21 November 2008

A great place to stay. Quiet, comfortable, convenient, with an owner (Alex) that is truly involved in the day to day operation....not an absentee as you see so ofter. Alex has put together an exceptional staff, all are equally charming, courteous, and warm. Great people...all of them.

The suite we had was very large, a huge bathroom and a walk-in closet....imagine, a storage area in a hotel...what a concept!

Attractive grounds and a very nice pool.

The only minor issue I have is with the chairs...the metal backs are very uncomfortable.

Thank you Alex.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 November 2008

We stayed at the Hacienda Merida for three nights, at the end of September.

It was fantastic. We travel a lot for work, in big chain hotels, so on holiday, we look for something small, unique and stylish. We found all of these things here.

It was extremely sylish, minimalist in a way, with all the modern conveniences (eg wifi free), and yet had definite local flavour.

The pool, bar, breakfast area is lovely, so relaxing, and peaceful, but so close to the centre of town.

Breakfast was superb, not included, but very cheap, and a meal in iteslf - excellent hot or cold choices (only slight suggestion for improvement would be stronger/espresso-machine coffee as opposed to the cafetiere - but that's all we could fault in the whole stay!)

The room was stunning. Massive, with a balcony, two hammocks, view of the pool, large four poster bed, beautiful bathroom with toiletries. Just excellent.

The staff were very friendly and helpful - spot on.

Parking was dead easy. We were slightly worried that it wasn't hotel owned/right next door, but it was literally 50m walk away, had reserved (and covered) spaces for hotel guests - no hassle at all.

Merida is a very nice colonial town. Perhaps Oaxaca is more stunning, but we really liked the architecture and atmosphere here, great for a few days break. We loved Uxmal and Izamal as excursions too.

A great hotel, we hope to be back.

PS We thought the website looked too good to be true - not at all, it is EXACTLY as it looks.....

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mnab
Reviewed 28 July 2008

The hotel is well presented and decorated, looks cool but was much smaller than expected and the room seemed in need of a good clean. The staff were friendly enough and helpfull and location was good for exploring Merida, definitely providing a handy retreat from the noise and heat.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple