All reviews huge bed an oasis mexican breakfast busy city few blocks air con breakfast is served small hotel loved merida visiting merida within easy walking distance beautiful hotel luxury hotel town square santa lucia stayed nights paseo de montejo
Reviewed 18 February 2009

A really nice hide-away in the middle of Merida. A quiet hotel with only 8 rooms. It has a nice communal area with a pool, different chairs and a bar. The staff was really friendly. The room was nice, with a very big rain-shower.

Reviewed 8 February 2009

Great small boutique hotel. We stayed for 7 days and wish we had more time in Merida and at the Hotel Hacienda Merida. The hotel is only 8 rooms but all the conveniences, on site massages even! All rooms are at the back of a beautifully landscaped hacienda garden and pool so they are quiet. Many small hotels in Merida have rooms on the street and can be noisy. No problem here. Even with all rooms full you feel like you are in your own personal villa and not a hotel. Coming in after a day of sightseeing was like entering a private oasis. Location is very good, between the central square and the activities up on Paseo de Montejo and Parque de Santa Lucia. Good breakfasts poolside, bar and snacks in evening. Owner or his sister are on premises most all time and very informative and friendly. Very romantic....

1  Thank DrDanzon
Reviewed 29 January 2009

Very Nice Hotel
Sorry to hear about the previous persons experience.
We had no problems at all.
The room was great, plenty of hot water, breakfast was OK
The staff were great, at breakfast the owners daughter who worked the front, made a point of asking each guest how there stay was and offered to help with almost anything.
I would not hesitate to return.

Reviewed 26 January 2009

Our stay here was horrible. This stay ruined our family (wife, baby, in-laws) vacation. There was no hot water while staying there, my mother in-law’s bracelet disappeared, and the rooms I reserved and confirmed on-line where changed (room facing the pool) when I checked in. Not having hot water during our entire stay there was related to a part according to the manager. Each day that went by was the same excuse and the same promise that it was going to be fixed. Due to these daily promises we had no other choice but to tolerate not taking showers at times or taking cold showers (especially when all five of us got sick with food poising). The day I had enough was when my baby got sick with diarrhea which got her very dirty, I had no choice but to give her a cold shower which broke our heart due to her tears and cry that where related to the cold water. I asked the front desk to speak to the owner which she called him on the phone. When I spoke to him about the problem he told me it was a city problem and that all of the hotels had the same problem. I told him that was hard to believe and that I was going to look into the truth of his statement. I then told him that I shouldn’t have to pay the full price of staying here after having so many issues with my stay. He offered to discount 20% off my stay. My question to you is this, are you willing to go through what we went through for 20% off your bill?

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family
6  Thank LongBeach_CATraveler
Hacienda_Merida, Manager at Hotel Hacienda Merida, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2009

Dear costumer,

We are sincerely sorry that your stay in our establishment has not fulfilled your expectations. Indeed, due to a water supply problem of the city, we were in the impossibility to deliver hot water to our clients during a period of approximately 12 hours. We tried to compensate this incommodity by granting you a 20% rebate on your stay, which represents practically one free night on the four spent.

We are also sorry that certain family members of yours were sick during your stay. We have communicated with the restaurant you had been to, and informed them that a few of our guests had been sick after eating in their establishment.

As for the bracelet, you did tell us that the object may have been forgotten in our hotel, for which reason we mobilized all of our personal in order to researched this item.

The satisfaction of our costumers is our priority. Once again, we are sincerely sorry that your stay has not leved to your expectations.

Warmest Regards,

The Direction.

Reviewed 17 December 2008

My husband and I went to the hotel Hacienda Merida for our honeymoon... One word: AMAZING!!!!

Liked:
- Beautiful hotel. Colonial but with a mix of modern furniture and amazing art. The rooms are so cosy and very well decorated, we just loved them. Very clean, and spacious bathrooms. Loved the natural products (srub, shampoo, soap... all natural).
- Great location. Just a few blocks away from really restaurants and the main square, where there are activities all day and night (music, dancing, food...).
- Excellent service. Everyone made sure our stay was great, we even got a courtesy bottle of champagne for us to celebrate our honeymoon. We even met the owners of the hotel, who invited us for a drink in their beautiful home.
- Very affordable price!!! We really thought staying in such a hotel would have been overly expensive, considering the quality of the service, but it turns out this hotel is one of the best priced in Merida!

Disliked:
- Leaving!!!

We are now in Playa del Carmen, if only they could open a branch here!!!

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Travel_All_World