“Great place to stay in Merida”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Julamis

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Merida
Hotel Julamis
Ranked #4 of 103 Hotels in Merida
London
“Great place to stay in Merida”
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

Julamis is a wonderful place to stay. Alex is a fantastic host, makes the best breakfast in town and unwinding on the roof terrace at the end of the day is a perfect way to unwind. If I'm ever in Merida again, this would be the only place I would want to stay. Five stars all the way.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We spent 3 nights at Julamis and really enjoyed our visit. Alex is a real character. He went out of his way to ensure that we enjoyed our stay. The breakfasts are fantastic!! We stayed in the Kabah Room. The room is large and airy but the small A/C battled to keep it cool. Overall this place is a gem!!

Puerto Aventuras, Mexico
Reviewed 20 April 2014

This charming Hotel and our experience here were both outstanding! Our compliments to the owner and our new friend Alex Rudin, who would do any and everything to make sure you are happy and "on vacation". We stayed in the"El Ramon" room which was very comfortable, I would have preferred a king sized bed but we booked late and I felt fortunate to have a spot at the Inn during the Easter Holiday season. Alex was our tour guide, host, and our restaurant expert during our first stay in Merida. He was a delight to chat with up on the rooftop where my husband and I sat each evening and read & sipped wine for hours enjoying the Mexico breezes. But, Alex's specialty is in the kitchen...oh I can still taste those breakfasts! The handmade croissants, handmade cinnamon rolls, fresh fruit with yogurt, and egg dishes with healthy vegetables. Of course coffee, teas, and fresh juice. All this is why we can't wait to return to Hotel Julamis! Thank you, Alex!

Paso Robles, California
Reviewed 18 April 2014

As noted in so many other reviews, what makes the Hotel Julamis so special is it's owner: Alex Rudin. The hotel is lovely and the breakfasts in the courtyard were perfect - but what my wife and I appreciated most of all was Alex's effort to insure that we would have a wonderful vacation in Merida. He is truly an ambassador of goodwill and seems hell bent on making sure his guests are accommodated in every way. Alex even offered us a ride to the Museo Mundo Maya since he was going that way (no doubt to procure some hard to find ingredient for a breakfast dish planned for the next day!). We stayed in the Corazon suite which had it's own private patio. The room was simple but spacious and clean; the bed comfortable. I imagine that there are more luxurious spaces in Merida but I can't imagine finding a more suitable place for people like us. We loved our experience at the Hotel Julamis!!!

Room Tip: Ask for the Corazon suite with the private patio!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Hotel Julamis was my first experience at a bed and breakfast, and I have to say, my taste has been change forever. I loved it! The breakfasts were divine and shots of tequila were served under the starts nightly. Hotel Julamis is quaint and intimate, with a flair for romance. Alex, the owner, is exceptional, personable, and accommodating. I consider Alex to be a friend after my 8 days stayed at the Hotel Julamis. I'm looking forward to a return visit.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Christine M
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Hotel Julamis is owned by Alex Rudin, an internationally renowned chef! He will make you the most fabulous breakfast that you have ever eaten! The hotel is a hidden gem! Alex makes sure all of his guests have a first class experience. I can't wait to go there again!

• Stayed January 2014
Kelowna, BC CANADA
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I don't think there is anything more that I could add to what has already been said about Hotel Julamis other than to tell you that I have enjoyed my visits there so much that I've been back more than once. I say "visit" because you're not just staying there, Alex makes you feel as he's known you for years and that you are there to visit him.

I was travelling with a friend who usually stayed elsewhere when in Merida but since I was the one making our reservation...Hotel Julamis was where we were visiting for 3 nights in January before making our way to Sisal, where we would be living the next 2 months for me and 3 months for my friend.

Since my previous visit in 2012, there had been an ownership change so of course I wondered if my visit in January would be as enjoyable...let me assure you, it was even better! Alex is a wonderful host who goes out of his way to make sure you are taken care of. Each morning you will be amazed at the wonderful creations that Alex has prepared, a perfect way to start the day!

The day we were leaving, Alex even offered to drive us to Sisal if our pre-arranged transportation didn't show up...how many people would do that!?!?

I could go on and on but really all you need to know is that you won't have to worry about a thing once you decide to go visit Hotel Julamis, Alex will take care of everything!

Almost forgot to tell you that during my 2 months in Sisal, I had to come back into Merida just so that I could visit Hotel Julamis again!

Thanks again Alex, I'll be back!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends