Lock in the lowest price from these sites
ZenHotels.com
Hotels.com
eDreams
All reviews steam room rain shower other guests wonderful hosts heated pool rooftop deck every morning bed and breakfast the evening happy hour legged friends empanadas delicious breakfast urban oasis uber ride tour guide mayan ruins highly recommend this b b
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 January 2017

Our fist visit to Mexico and we had a fantastic time staying with Dave and Patrick at their fabulous bnb. Gourmet breakfast with lots of variety plus beautiful, spacious, comfortable rooms. We enjoyed having the pool right outside our door. Lots of great advice from D&P about restaurants, sights, shopping. We walked right out the front door and toured Merida on our own without any issues. There was tons to do. We loved Merida and feel like we will always have a home with Dave and Patrick. We can't wait to return!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
IdeationNation, Owner at Ochenta Y Dos [an urban bed & breakfast], responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2017

Thank You both for trusting us with your holiday in Mexico, we were so gave you chose Ochenta y Dos. Merida is a special place and we are pleased that you found it a nice as we do. We hope you can make it back to us and stay longer, there are many more cenotes to discover,, Cheers! Dave, Pat, Mini, Max, Mario and MO!

Reviewed 27 December 2016

I went to Ochenta y Dos largely based on the reviews of others and they proved very reliable. Over the course of my 50 years, I have lived of and on in Mexico for a total of four years (Morelia, San Miguel de Allende, Xalapa), but my last visit to Merida was in 1983! I wanted to see the town and surroundings, but more than anything, I wanted to chill from my hectic career! In addition to escaping the gray Seattle autumn, I hoped to read in the sun, swim, eat, drink and take a siesta everyday.

The air-conditioned rooms are very roomy and the bathrooms are super deluxe with lots of hot water! I found the beds to be very comfortable with fresh white linens and lots of pillows. The Wi-Fi worked well throughout my stay and while I did not watch very much TV, BBC was a welcome addition post-election in the US. The softly playing lounge music in the public areas was just right and signaled your invitation to both breakfast and the nightly happy hour. The breakfasts were tasty and healthful with a regional emphasis. The owner's (Dave & Patrick) are very gracious with their time and have many helpful hints to seeing Merida. Dave is a professional tour guide across the globe and he offers lots of great excursions if you care to venture outside the city. I plan to return to Merida in '17 and I will definitely try and book here again. Richard M.

Room tip: All the rooms are excellent and similar in configuration.
Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
IdeationNation, Owner at Ochenta Y Dos [an urban bed & breakfast], responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2017

Thank You so much for the great review.. and thanks for trusting us in your holiday plans. It was great fun getting to know you and we know you will be back! Cheers. Safe travels., D & P

Reviewed 21 December 2016

David and Patrick wonderful host in a very beautiful home. Great breakfast with a nice variety. Lots of things to do in the city. Dave and Pat have a good knowledge of things to do and places to go. With out a doubt the best place to stay in Merida!

Room tip: All the rooms are perfect!
Date of stay: October 2016
1  Thank ctup382

Thank You again for choosing Ochenta y Dos... Third time is a charm! We always enjoy you at our home which happens to be our business. Its great when it all comes together as it has on your visits. Hurry back.. the babies are missing you!

Reviewed 12 December 2016

We just completed another visit at this premium bed and breakfast in Merida. It is difficult to improve on perfection but Dave and Pat continue to do so. I continue to be amazed at my awesome and comfortable room. Still love the partially open bathroom and and spacious king size bed. No need to pick a favorite room. They are all great. For this visits review I have to focus on the convenience of touring this great neighborhood on foot. Step out the front door and turn whatever way you want to explore typical Mexican streets or broad stylish boulevards. It is all right there for your sight seeing enjoyment. If after walking to your destination you are too tired to walk back just call Uber and will only put you back about $1.50 (30 pesos) to ride back in cool comfort. Need I say more!

1  Thank Dave W

Thanks for always trusting us during your holiday stay in Merida, we love having you! Hurry Back D & P

Reviewed 4 December 2016 via mobile

Ochenta y dos is great! Not just for the place, but for the hosts!

Dave and Pat will make sure you have an amazing stay. They are tasteful, well traveled gentlemen that know how to host.

The place is magnificent for a peaceful stay. Relax in your room or by the pool along with one of their four dogs, which by the way, are the cutest dogs ever.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Josué O
IdeationNation, Owner at Ochenta Y Dos [an urban bed & breakfast], responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2016

Thanks Guys fr staying with us.. We really enjoyed meeting you and getting to know you both. The babies are still wondering where you are! Glad you made it home safe & sound, try to stay warm and we will see you soon, Dave & Pat