“A Home Run!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Langosteria Maya Restaurant

Langosteria Maya Restaurant
Ranked #182 of 1,217 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Langosteria Maya Restaurant Founded in October 2005, our menu offers the highest quality in Seafood fres co day. Prepared with a good flavor and magical touch of our chef combined with the personal attention of its owner in order to satisfy the most discerning palates. In our cellar we have an extensive collection of national and international wines. The main hall has a palapa waterfall garden terrace that blends a fresh and pleasant environment to make your stay a pleasant ...
Jim Thorpe
“A Home Run!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

I have been going to Playa for nearly 15 years. I have been up and down 5th Avenue time and time again only to be disappointed with the food. I have ventured up side streets for better meals and value but substituted the atmosphere of 5 avenue for plastic chairs and tables. Then I stopped at La Pesca. It was an absolute home run! Great atmosphere, great value and most important excellent food! I don't know why it took me so many years to try this place and it was the last place I ate at on my trip to playa but on my next visit it, it will surely be the first place I eat. Great menu, from the soups to the seafood casserole, grilled garlic shrimp and melt in your mouth flank steak! I can't wait to try the rest of the menu. I think I will book my next trip now!

• Visited April 2014

• Polish first
maine
“Yummy yummy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

I just had to write about La Pesca; my sister and I are in town for a couple of nights and we went over to La Pesca as the line at El Fogon was about a mile long, I had been to La Pesca when it first opened nine years ago and remembered that it was good then. I was happy to see that the place was full upon entering, but we were immediately greeted and seated at one of the few empty tables. We ordered guacamole as we have all week, (it was very good), and then the waiter approached our table with a fresh caught red snapper as well as a grouper; he explained the different ways it could be prepared for us. Although we knew it would be delicious, we realized it would be way too much food for us and so, we opted for a grilled filet and coconut shrimp. I have to say this us the best coconut shrimp I have ever had, I swear that they must have grated a freshly harvested coconut in which they dipped the shrimp!

The owner was at the restaurant, and upon hearing that I had been there years ago, he sent over complimentary after dinner drinks and came over and greeted us. What a lovely, gracious humble man, I am so happy that he has met with much success in Playa del Carmen. I would highly recommend eating here.

• Visited March 2014
Puerto Aventuras, Mexico
“Delightful fish and shrimp Tacos!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

My husband and I love our shrimp and fish tacos, and these have got to be some of the best we have had. Yum! And, they were only 66 pesos!
My husband asked to purchase one of there logo T-shirts and the key from the owner was needed. Our wonderful waiter, Rodolfo, ran for blocks to obtain the key to assist us with out purchase. A complimentary Kahlua and cream was given to us as we waited for his return. This is a restaurant we highly recommend and we will be back!

• Visited March 2014
Dallas, Texas
“Fabulously fresh and wonderful...amazing value!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

Amazing restaurant....all fresh fish, presented for your selection before prepared to your specification. Very friendly wait staff ready to please. Be sure to try the Mayan Coffee prepared table side. A wonderful find. Will return again this trip and will stay on our 'list' for years to come!

Visited March 2014
Seaside Rental Southern Exposure
“We were talked into a "Fish Story"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

We dined here on Saturday,Feb. 15th...I was dying for fresh fish so I wanted to order the sea bass. I was informed that they didn't have a filet but would serve us a whole fish if my husband wanted it also. They took us back to pick a fish....they were huge....we paid 800 pesos...I'm not sure if it was a good deal or not...the fish was delicious...but we had to take most of it with us! The flan we had for dessert was to die for...definitely need to try it! Very busy bus route...I would recommend not sitting to the front....across from Mega grocery store.

• Visited February 2014