“The best, most fabulous place ever!”

Le Reve Hotel & Spa
Ranked #91 of 209 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“The best, most fabulous place ever!”
Reviewed 12 September 2011

We never left the hotel... there was no reason to. No food could have been more delicious, no setting more beautiful, no service could have been more attentive. We were there for our 2nd anniversary, and it was incredibly romantic. The private dinner on the beach was amazing. I actually fought back tears upon leaving! We will be back!!!
I have been searching for a recipe to make the stuffed poblano peppers, they were fabulous!!

Room Tip: We had a Garden View room, which was very nice.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
  • Arabic first
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 27 August 2011

Just came back from a trip with my girlfriend with 4 days at Le Reve and could not be more happy of the choice.

The room was very comfortable, we had a Garden Suite, the room was spacious, clean and cozy, and the garden was nice! access to the beach was a few steps away and we could leave through the garden
On day one tried to get the suite's jacuzzi working, which is outside, but it would not fill. We told the reception and maintenance guys repaired it very quickly :)

Breakfast is amazing, personnel was very efficient smiley and helpful

Really, being very honest this hotel exceeded all my expectations

Little recommendation, if you are planning to go to the city center frequently or visit the some archeological sites, it is really recommended to rent a car! Taking cabs each time can be expensive!

Really great to be on this hotel!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CaioAb
Del Mar, California
Reviewed 14 August 2011

My husband and I just returned from our honeymoon at the Le Reve hotel and we would recommend this to anyone looking to get away on a romantic and relaxing trip! The pictures on the hotel website are exactly what this hotel looks like and nothing is better than looking out your hotel window and seeing their beautiful pool with the Caribbean ocean behind it. This is the most relaxing place we have ever been and we never got tired of laying by the pool and the ocean. The service is incredible and we just had to think of wanting something and someone was there. Also, the two chefs at the hotel restaurant were amazing and it was some of the best meals we had on the whole trip.

If you are looking for a place to honeymoon, the complimentary honeymoon package can't be beat. All of the staff went out of their way to make this trip special and they provided us with a dinner on the beach, matching bathrobes with our names, a commemorative stone on the property, champagne in our room, transportation from the airport, complimentary breakfast each day and much more.

The hotel is beautiful and Playa del Carmen has tons of things to do and we are already planning our return trip for our anniversary!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Master Suite and had an amazing view with our own private terrace
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank legend15
New York City, New York
Reviewed 4 August 2011

My husband and I have just returned from our stay at Le Reve. We found the hotel well appointed, we had a good size room (garden room), and the staff were very welcoming. The food is good and reasonably priced. My husband enjoyed the roman bath while I mainly lounged by the pool (which is quite beautiful). The beach is okay (rocky with coral near the water), and the hotel provides water shoes. The gym is really the only serious drawback. Its dated, very little equipment, and not well kept. Other than that, everything else was as or better than expected.

1 Thank AMW2117
Reviewed 1 August 2011

This is the perfect place for a quiet and relaxing vacation. The hotel is simple and beautiful, the pool area is so picturesque and the beach is secluded and gorgeous (although there are big rocks at the entrance to the water which make it difficult to get into the water, but you can just walk a bit to the left or right and it's fine). The staff were all so sweet and attentive and the food was great! I definitey hope to return...

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank GG33nyc
Long Beach, California
Reviewed 24 July 2011

My wife and I booked 6 days at Le Reve. We got in just before a wedding party bought out the hotel (more on that later). We stayed in a garden room which is one of their smaller rooms but we never felt cramped. The one thing I wished we had was a chair. The only thing to sit on besides the bed was a bench at the end of the bed and the lounge chairs outside. However, if this was important enough to me to request I'm positive they would have accommodated me.

When we turned off the highway we noticed the road deteriorated. There is about 5 minutes of bumpy dirt road that makes you think, "What did I get myself into?" When you reach the hotel all of our doubts evaporated. We were greeted in the open air lobby and while we were checking in we were served fresh juice.

The service was excellent. The price of the food in about the same in town if you go to any of the nicer eating establishments. The quality of the food was ALWAYS good. I thought the cost of the water was a little steep but if you consider that everything needs to be hauled into the Cancun area this is understandable. On the third day my wife and I figured out that it was going to get expensive buy lunch and dinner everyday so we went into town and took a trip to the grocery store. We bough some lunch items to keep in our room so we could eat a mid-day snack and save about $30 a day on food. Remember pick up Ziplock bags and containers and clean up after yourself if you eat in the room. This is a tropical environment, people, and there ARE going to be bugs! We had some leftover bananas at the end of our stay and we took them to be bar and they made a wonderful rum drink for us. Since we supplied the fruit they only charged us for the booze (about half price)!

On our last night we were the only couple left that was not part of a wedding party. Not wanting us to feel left out the staff set up a private table pool side and served us a special meal (Thank you Antonio).

We did not want to go home from our stay. The hotel was so nice and the staff so warm it felt like leaving family behind. This place is definitely going to see us again!

On a side note, my wife does an online cooking show. On our last day was asked if we could interview the head chef. He agreed to come out and do a demonstration on how to make ceviche which my vegetarian wife LOVED! Then they took us into the kitchen and allowed us to film how they make their lime soup (delicious by the way). Having seen behind the curtain I can say that their food prep areas are impeccably clean. Anyone we spoke to who got "sick" were positive that they picked it up in town. I'd like to thank the management and staff at Le Reve for taking such good care of us and giving us access that would normally be refused anywhere else.

Room Tip: If you want modest accommodations request a garden room. Remember, no TV or fridge but you are here...
3 Thank kyuskoff
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 18 July 2011

My wife and I just returned from our honeymoon and would highly reccommend Le Reve to any couple looking for a relaxing, romantic adventure together. We stayed in a bungalow suite: the view was perfect (uninterrupted ocean), the room was romantic (nightly turn down service and lots of beautiful lighting).

What will keep us coming back:
The Service: Was excellent. Very attentive staff at the pool bar and restaurant, would respond to requests, very kind and personable. Tips are included in food and drink, but we felt very comfortable tipping more. Great concierge that would plan activities and set us up for wonderful adventures.
The View: Seriously, it's perfect.
The Pool/Beach: Cleaned every day, plenty of places to lay, hammocks, can order a drink every-where.
The Food: Very good, good variety, we reccommend dinner on the beach (amazing), and the tacos from the pool side lunch menu.

What we didn't love:
-No door on the bathroom in the suite, it is tucked in a private corner
-The internet signal was not strong in the suites by the beach (but of course, who really needs internet when you are 30 feet from the ocean)