After a bumpy trip down the potholed road leading to the hotel (which, to be honest, had us a bit worried!), we were very pleasantly surprised when we arrived at Le Reve - those who brave the terrible road will be rewarded. However, those looking for a beach where they can run into the water barefoot should steer well clear: it's quite rocky around the hotel and you'll need to wear shoes in the water to avoid cutting up your feet.
Overall though, if you're looking for seclusion, privacy and relaxation, this is the place. We spent four nights at Le Reve and took advantage of their amazing complimentary honeymoon package (email hotel before your stay to get it). As part of the package we were upgraded to the best available room, which happened to be Troncones, the master suite. The room was enormous, with a bathroom and balcony to match. We felt truly spoilt by all the space and the views over the resort and the sea.
The massages (good, but not the best we've had), breakfast in bed, dinner on the beach (3 courses with wine and our own personal waiter), breakfasts, turn-down service (including rose petals on our first night), personalised bathrobes (with our names, to take home) and more included in the honeymoon package were all luxurious and delivered effortlessly throughout our stay. All honeymooners also get a personalised stone on the hotel's 'walk of fame' to commemorate their stay and a discount on future stays.
As I said, the beach isn't great for swimming, but we were able to relax and enjoy ourselves anyway. We had the hotel nearly to ourselves because it was low season, so the sense of seclusion and privacy was perhaps even greater than usual.
Even though the hotel only has 25 rooms, the restaurant is excellent and serves up quality dishes a reasonable prices. The grounds are lush and kept well maintained. My husband appreciated the small gym they have on site as well.
We experienced excellent service for the duration of our stay. We found the staff to be helpful and unobtrusive. Sometimes it felt as if they were trying to stay out of the way a bit too much, but we appreciated not being asked every ten minutes if we'd like something. They were always there when we needed something, but not hanging around and eyeing us like hawks all the time.
All in all Le Reve is a great place to stay if you're after privacy and seclusion, but not if you want a beach for swimming and easy access to the nightlife in Playa del Carmen. Perfect for couples - and honeymooners should definitely check out the free packages on offer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Rêve Hotel & Spa is a luxury and modern boutique hotel in Playa del Carmen. With a unique collection of 28 rooms overlooking the Caribbean Sea with the perfect blend of nature, peace, gastronomy and mexican hospitality. Our guests are able to book just the hotel room or they can indulge with our unlimited food & beverages "Gourmet All Inclusive A la Carte" . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Le Reve Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Reve Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Le Reve Hotel And Spa
- Le Reve Playa Del Carmen
- Le Reve Hotel & Spa Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen