My husband and I got married at Le Reve on May 25, 2014. It was a fabulous event made spectacular by Arlenis, the Le Reve wedding coordinator. All of the other staff were amazing as well, especially the guys in the restaurant and ladies at the front desk. Arlenis was simply the best. I could not have asked for a better person to work with. She really did everything from her heart. She truly cared about our experience and it showed. All of our guests had a great time and it was a unique and wonderful experience to have all of our wedding guests staying at one SMALL hotel for a long weekend. I felt like I got time with each of my guests. All the vendors we worked with were great as well. The wedding and wedding staff were 5 stars, no doubt about it and the food that the chef prepared for all of our wedding events was delicious!!
That being said, unfortunately from when we visited in April of 2013 to look at the hotel for the wedding to now, the hotel was sold to new ownership and many things were changed. I was not told about this until about March of 2014, 3 months before the wedding. There was not much I could do about the changes and honestly, everything turned out to be ok in the end, but it was a little disconcerting.
The thing I truly hated the most were all of the people buzzing around selling time shares. What drew us to the hotel was the intimacy and fact that we would be at this hotel with our friends/family with no one else there. That was the biggest let down. There were people there the whole weekend being given tours and intruding on what was promised to be a private weekend. I was told in March that this would happen and was promised at that time that no time share people would be there on Sunday, the day of my actual wedding, but that did not happen. They were there being loud and obnoxious until about 1pm on the day of my wedding. The hotel ended up giving me a lot of things to make up for this, which I was happy with, but you can really never make up for that kind of thing. The private, quite, adults only atmosphere was the entire reason I booked this place for my wedding.
I am not sure if I will come back to Le Reve or not. I would love to because of the memories I know have, but I will have to see what happens there in the next year. I get the feeling that the new owners clearly don't want people like me to stay at this hotel anymore. They are now attracting people who want jet skis, kids clubs, the beach to be dredged up and a pier to be put in. They have not put in a pier or dredged the beach yet, but I overheard one of the sellers mention this. If that happens I will DEFINITELY not be back. Le Reve actually has THE BEST stretch of beach of any hotel around. I know, I walked a long way. It is natural, simply gorgeous and not marred by 1000 beach chairs, a pier or loud, annoying jet skis. Yes, you have to wear water shoes, but it is a coral reef! The snorkeling right in front is awesome! If they do anything to change the beach I will absolutely not be back.
Despite my complaints, overall, I had a great experience at Le Reve that I will not forget. I am leaving with happy, joyful memories and I have the staff at Le Reve to thank. I heard that they may not be doing weddings at Le Reve anymore, which is a shame. Even with the changes, I do think it is still a great venue for a destination wedding. So much better than the larger hotels that do 5+ weddings a day. However, if they keep changing things like I have a feeling they are going to, it might be best that they stop with weddings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Rêve Hotel & Spa is a luxury and modern boutique hotel in Playa del Carmen. With a unique collection of 28 rooms overlooking the Caribbean Sea with the perfect blend of nature, peace, gastronomy and mexican hospitality. Our guests are able to book just the hotel room or they can indulge with our unlimited food & beverages "Gourmet All Inclusive A la Carte" . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Le Reve Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Reve Hotel And Spa
- Le Reve Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Le Reve Playa Del Carmen
- Le Reve Hotel & Spa Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen