On the plus side Le Reve is small, quiet, with a fantastic location on the beach and with excellent views from the premium rooms.
The setting is tranquil, although with a large hotel being constructed about 200m to the north, it remains to be seen if this will be so in future.
Our large room on the top floor was very clean and most of the staff do their best to please. There is a decent size pool and a small gym.
On the other hand we felt there was room for improvement, for example:-
There is no reception/concierge desk. Nor is there any directory of hotel facilities in the room [why not?]. This meant a phone enquiry for even the simplest questions.
We had a spacious premium room. We knew there was no TV - for us, that was an attraction - but other furniture was minimal. No bath either, even though there was plenty of room for one. Not even a door between WC and bedroom! There was no overhead lighting on our terrace, and minimal lighting in the room. Remember it gets dark early in this part of Mexico!
Poor lighting extended to the restaurant area where on some tables it was almost impossible to read the menu.
The food itself was beautifully presented, but portions were small and prices expensive. The main menu only changed once in the 4 nights we were there. Sometimes there was a full dessert menu, sometimes there was not.
On our final morning, we had to leave at 8am, and arrived for breakfast at 730, [we had been told on arrival that breakfast was served from 730 to 11am], only to be told that it was served from 8am! Result - unnecessary last-minute hassle and
On check-out there was no itemisation of the final bill, so no way of checking its accuracy.
Our stay was enjoyable, and the peaceful ambience of the place does grow on you. If you know what to expect you will probably like it, but we felt a few small improvements could make a big difference.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Rêve Hotel & Spa is a luxury and modern boutique hotel in Playa del Carmen. With a unique collection of 28 rooms overlooking the Caribbean Sea with the perfect blend of nature, peace, gastronomy and mexican hospitality. Our guests are able to book just the hotel room or they can indulge with our unlimited food & beverages "Gourmet All Inclusive A la Carte" . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Le Reve Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Reve Hotel And Spa
- Le Reve Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Le Reve Playa Del Carmen
- Le Reve Hotel & Spa Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen