“wonderful, quiet, relaxed, wonderful” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Le Reve Hotel & Spa

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Le Reve Hotel & Spa
Ranked #93 of 212 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
Boulder, Colorado
“wonderful, quiet, relaxed, wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2010

So here we are in freezing Colorado,and we need a break. We locate Le Reve on line and decide to go for it. What a magnificent find. The beautiful and appealing design is an airy blend of Mayan and contemporary details which, combined with the small size, create a stunning space in which we felt relaxed and well cared for. Warm, friendly and helpful staff. A beautiful, private place with a lovely infinity pool, beach and caribbean sea. Spacious, attractive and clean rooms, ocean views, great robes and towels, and many thoughtful details. A super complementary breakfast, with fresh fruit, and much, much more. We loved it.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
  • Arabic first
los angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2010

My wife and I and our extended family stayed at Le Reve between Christmas and New Years and it was fantastic. The fact that it was located down a narrow road off the beaten path just added to the atmosphere. The layout, with the zig-zag infiinity pool extending from the middle of the property out to the beach was perfect. The staff knew our names and our favorite drinks before the first day was over. The food, especially the seafood, was exceptional. Much better and much less expensive than the meals we ate at nearby hotels and in town. If you're looking for a peaceful, tranquil place to stay, far from the crowds, with fantastic food Le Reve is it.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
minneapolis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2010

Le Reve Hotel & Spa is hands down the best hotel experience I've had in the US or abroad.

My partner (an Italian restaurant owner with extremely high standards) and I were ridiculously impressed with the quality of our stay and the attentiveness of the staff. The food and chef were amazing. We've been hesitant to eat ceviche since we've returned home, because we know it won't compare to any of those on the menu at Le Reve. Also, the staff were incredible. Our every need (including late night cigarette and tequila cravings) and desire was anticipated and met.

Our room and the hotel itself were also incredibly beautiful. Minimalistic, but every basic need, including AC, a comfortable and beautiful bed and room, great shower, etc. was met.

We will definitely come back to Le Reve, and we highly reccommend this hotel to anyone looking for an escape from reality.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2009

When I started looking around for a place to take my wife for our anniversary, I had no idea we'd end up at beachfront hotel, but I'm glad we did. I wanted to take her somewhere small and away from the crowds where we could disconnect and when I saw Le Reve, I was sure this was the place.
It's only about 2.5hrs flight from New York, so getting there was fast and easy. We rented a car and drove from the Cancun airport and were greeted with a cool, fruity drink and a view that I thought only existed in the movies. We were whisked away to our cozy room and hit the pool where we were spoiled the rest of the afternoon while watching shoreline and a pair of flirtatious iguanas!
We were treated to fresh fruit breakfasts and some excellent meals ('m from New York and have high standards!). I think I ate the best filet mignon I've had outside of the US one night for supper and my wife was addicted to the ceviches.
The staff were always looking after us and made sure we had everything we needed.
I think the biggest plus is that the hotel is outside of any towns so there are hardly any people on the beach. We went into town one day for a few hours, but after walking the crowded fifth avenue, we were happy to get back to the peacefulness of the hotel. The beach in town was so crowded that we didn't even consider staying there for a swim.
There were a few mosquitos, but the staff were pretty good about making sure we had repellant and we saw some people fumigating one day.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NewYorkPetey
rickyrey, General Manager at Le Reve Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 17 December 2009
On behalf of our entire team I would like to thank you for the wonderful comments you left regarding your stay with us.
We are so glad you chose celebrate here at Le Reve and hope you had an unforgettable anniversary.
We look forward to having the chance to welcome you back in the future.

New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2009

From the moment we stepped onto the mohagany deck in the reception to our parting ocean view, Le Reve made our vacation absolutely incredible!
The waiters, massage, reception and housekeeping staff were top notch and made sure we had everything we wanted, in some cases even before we asked for it. Their friendly smiles and warm greetings made us feel more than welcome, almost as if the hotel was our home during our stay.
The room really blew us away. THE BEST BEDS we have ever slept in and the first (hopefully not the last) time we've falling asleep while listening to the waves on the shoreline outside our door.
I think the best part about staying at Le Reve is that there were no crowds. We were really looking for a quiet getaway and this place definately met our expectations. We went into Playa del Carmen one day and couldn't believe how many people there were everywhere! We quickly walked the 5th avenue to pick up some souvenirs and then went back to our quiet beach to soak up the sun and enjoy the special treatment.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I am so glad you had such a relaxing stay in our little paradise and it sounds like you found the perfect place to get away from the crowds.
It was a pleasure having you here with us and we hope to see you again soon,

Miami, Florida - USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2009

I must say that we had a great time at this hotel-spa even though we encountered one major problem: the air conditioning in our suite wasn't working properly. The hotel staff did everything they could to fix the problem and we didn't want to move to another room. Because of this situation, they generously gave me a complimentary massage, which was absolutely amazing.
We booked a Garden Suite, and since there was a wedding at the hotel that weekend, they upgraded us to one of the two suites. Beautiful room with a terrace, nice view of the beach, and I loved the high roof. The bathroom is nice and modern, but it could be a little uncomfortable since there is no door in the toilet area and no curtain or shades in the terrace doors, so if you don't take the proper action (like putting a towel on the shower door) everybody in the pool could entertain watching you taking a shower. Besides that, and it wasn't a real concern for us, it is a really nice, ample, simple yet comfortable suite.
The hotel staff is very kind and helpful, from the concierge to the really nice restaurant waiters. Overall, the food at the restaurant is fairly good but not vegetarian-friendly. Nice pool and beach area. Took a nice and long walk along the beach and the water was clean and warm.
Do not expect big resort amenities. This is a small, cozy, hidden, cabana-like boutique hotel.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank go14677
rickyrey, Genral Manager at Le Reve Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 17 December 2009
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your comments and feedback regarding your stay with us.
It was a pleasure to be able to offer you an upgrade to make you more comfortable while we hosted a wedding party. I would like to let you know we have repaired the air conditioner in the Suite.
Our Chef and his team have been working on a vegetarian menu that is now available and includes a wide variety of meat and dairy free dishes.
We hope to see you back here soon so you can try our new vegetarian Jícama ceviche!

Tegucigalpa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2009

Well, i haven´t been very lucky at my stay, they made me wait for 45 minutes at the airport and they want me to wait for another guests for 30 more minutes, i told then no, because they charge me for an exclusive transportation.

When they gave me my room the bathroom wasn´t clean the employee apologies for the disadvantage but the bad experience was already there.

Then they had to reprogram my key twice because the door battery was off, so i couldn´t get into my room.

I went to the pool and for 3 hours no one ask me if i want something to drink or eat, there were a lot of waiters but no one ask.

I saw the manager but he never get close enought to say Hi or ask me if i nead something so i´m still waiting.

And the worst thing is that i´m still here in the hotel because if i leave they don´t refund anything and well, the view is OK and i´m planning to rest.

I´m sure I am one of that rare cases were averything goes wrong but i´m still waiting for things to get better.

PS: I travel from Honduras, far far away from here

• Stayed August 2009, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Florsha
rickyrey, General Manager at Le Reve Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 15 August 2009
Dear Traveler

Thank for your comment, I really aprecciate the opportunity even better your are here with us, As we said to you in the begging we will refound your shuttle service, we havent done that because were awainting until your check-out, i am going to take inmeadtte action for the daily activities, houskepping, waiters and rechecked the electronic locks

Ricardo reyna