“My top romantic getaway!!!”

Le Reve Hotel & Spa
Ranked #99 of 214 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
Miami, Florida
“My top romantic getaway!!!”
Reviewed 14 April 2010

When I think of Le Reve....I just feel the need to go back and cannot wait until my next anniversary!! I highly recommend all the experience, the service, food, and most of all...the place! The bungalow suite really did it for us with our own private pool, just my husband and I... A truly romantic getaway to celebrate our 7th anniversary. Thanks!!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
  • Arabic first
NY
Reviewed 14 April 2010

This hotel was everything I expected for a quite retreat with my husband. The location is secluded, the place is small which makes it feel really intimate. We stayed at a master suite and the view was truly AMAZING.
The staff was so friendly and willing to make all our wishing come true! The food was amazing. Ask the waiters for their recommendation it was worth it.
We are so happy we found this place!
Thanks to everyone at Le Reve for making our days in the Riviera Maya unforgettable!

1 Thank Laupat75
Las Vegas
Reviewed 4 April 2010

Relaxation at it's best!
The scrumptious food and excellent service make this small gem a sure fire winner. My husband and I were very pleased to find this hotel delvered on everything it offered: a quiet, hidden beach just outside of Playa del Carmen.
This was our first boutique hotel experience and we're very happy with the attention and privacy.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
mexico
Reviewed 27 March 2010

I went to Le Reve to attend my sister´s wedding. I had high expectations since after all it was a special event for the family. Since my arrival, the staff, starting from the concierge desk and the cleaning staff made my vacations one of the best I have ever had. Here are some facts which made me rank this hotel as “excellent”:

•A small and quite boutique hotel of just 25 rooms is the perfect destination to rest and relax. Even when the hotel was full, it was not crowded, so I was able to use all the facilities without feeling trapped.
•A secluded and convenient destination. The hotel is 15 minutes away from Playa del Carmen, so you can enjoy the nightlife of 5th avenue and then head back to the hotel to rest.
•Food. The dishes were all very well prepared, exquisite and plentiful
•Incredible service. The service from the entire hotel staff was personalized. You are not treated as another room number but instead you are being called by your name. Another thing is that the staff is very friendly.
•Excellent room. I stayed at the SPA Suite and the bed was like heaven. The room is big and it has an outstanding shower.

After 4 days in paradise, I didn’t want to leave. Definitely, I will return and recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 26 March 2010

My boyfriend and I recently enjoyed a 5-night stay at Le Reve. It was the perfect setting to relax and enjoy each other's company. The staff was EXCELLENT and accommodated every request. We looked forward to the fresh-squeezed orange juice every morning and enjoyed getting to know most of the employees by name. The waitstaff was very encouraging despite my pathetic attempts at speaking Spanish. Thanks to them- I managed to learn a few more vocabulary words!
As for the location, it is fairly isolated but is an easy cab ride to downtown Playa del Carmen.

The only negative thing we can say about Le Reve is their dinner menu. We were disappointed to find that it is mostly Italian/American food. We requested a Mexican/traditional dish and Antonio (our waiter) suggested trying a "Mexican platter." It was the best meal we had during our entire stay in Mexico. They MUST add it to their menu. We ate in downtown Playa and at neighboring resorts and the meals did not even come close to the meal we had. We would have eaten it every night!!!!!

Minnesota
Reviewed 25 March 2010

Le Reve is a lovely, charming, little hotel. We rented a beach bungalow and it was just what we were hoping for. We got a deal through Orbitz so our review is based on the discounted price we paid. We feel it is a great boutique hotel and not a luxury hotel. The room was beautiful and the bed was perfect. We slept like babies every night. Our room looked out to our private plunge pool which was nice and refreshing after sitting on the beach. The bathroom was nice. The hot water took a little bit to warm up which is what I would expect in a developing country and we were never in a hurry so it didn't matter.

The beach was clean and well kept and not very crowded. This was definitely not the case at the large hotels near by. The ocean was warm and good for swimming if the winds were down. The hotel provide snorkeling gear and a sea kayak at no cost. They also provide water shoes which are necessary if you walk in the ocean as there is a little coral and rock.

Breakfast was delicious. We highly recommend trying the local dishes on the menu as they are very flavorful and an nice change from traditional eggs and toast. They offer freshly squeezed juices which are also definitely worth a try. We only ate one dinner at the hotel which was okay and overpriced which we found common for other dinners we had in the area.

The staff was wonderful and accommodating. Any questions or issues we raised were addressed immediately and to our satisfaction.

All in all we felt Le Reve was a wonderful place to stay and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reston, Virginia
Reviewed 15 March 2010

Le Reve is perfectly located, about 20 minutes north of the city, Playa del Carmen, and about 45 minutes south of Cancun. The resort has only 25 rooms, 5 of which are in bungalow-type structures right on the beach - which are wonderful! There is great attention to detail and personal service. The setting is beautiful, the beach well appointed and very private in feeling. The restaurant serves excellent food. If you are looking for a relaxing escape to a beautiful setting, this is for you. Only two negatives: the sandy beach is beautiful - but the entry to the water is rocky and not very inviting. Walking along the beach a few hundred yards in either direction, however, and there is plenty of easy water access. The other negative is that once you leave the highway to approach the resort, the road is very rough, basically unpaved. Finally, a note: this resort is NOT for familes interested in bringing children...they would be bored to tears. It is for couples seeking a romantic serene escape - and a marvelous choice for that..