“If you want it all”

Le Reve Hotel & Spa
Ranked #100 of 213 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
Reviewed 6 June 2010

Arrving to Le Reve takes you away from it all.
The sense of arrival is extra ordinary. You start out at the very modern Can Cun Airport and travel through a high way that was fine and going to get better since they are building super high speed overpass highway. You then turn into what seems a small street that brings you back to the 1960 Mexico only to arrive at the hotel on the beach. Fantastic the sense of arrivle. I came to Mexico looking for character. Something I can’t experience in the US.

You arrive at the lobby that has the most incredible view of the ocean framed between two walls that begs of you to take a picture. This is how they have set up the experience for you. Starting out with this splendid view framed between the beautiful architecture of the hotel. As you go down the stairs you are greeted by the most original pool that windes its way through the grounds and tress only to invite you in. I LITERALY wanted to stop the walk to the room and jump in.
We stay in a bungalow and I can’t suggest that everyone stay there. From your room you can open the back sliding window and walk a few steps right into the torques water! You can t do this in many places and for the price we paid you cant even dream about doing this. The neighboring hotels, the Mandarin Oriental and the Fairmont are charging you 1,500 per night for similar rooms. No one give you this view and proximity to the water ate the price we paid.

Loved the place we are coming back next year for sure.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 26 May 2010

This was hands down the WORST experience my husband and I ever had at a resort hotel. DO NOT STAY HERE. The hotel is filthy and the staff is completely non-responsive almost to the point of being mute. The food is disgusting, the rooms are gross and very small. We vacation ALOT and this was so bad that we almost left early. I cut my foot on a piece of broken glass in the room and the staff woldn't even bother to help us. Luckily we salvaged the rest of our vacation by checking into the TIDES (directly next door). If you are going to Playa Del Carmen, stay at the TIDES, not the Le Reve....otherwise, you will regret it!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank helene1027
LeReveHotelandSpas, General Manager at Le Reve Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2010

Le Reve Hotel & Spa respects the opinion of its guests however in this case would like to add the following:

As a generous gesture of good will, despite the fact that all other guests staying at the hotel with “Helen 1027” and her husband very perfectly happy with everything, ”Helene1027” and her husband were reimbursed the value of all the nights spent at the hotel plus all the food and beverage consumptions charged to their room bill.

It is true that “Helene1027” cut her foot. It must be mentioned that the cut was minor and the hotel’s staff did professionally take care of the issue. No doctor’s assistance was needed.

Le Reve Hotel & Spa is well known for its personalized service, its nice installations as well as for its excellent cuisine, enjoys reading its very positive reviews on Trip Advisor and is sad that some Trip Advisor users use this platform to publically damage the hotel and its reputation when there is no reason to do so whatsoever.

Reviewed 16 May 2010

This is the second time my husband and I have stayed at Le Reve. As soon as we arrived, the friendly staff welcomed us back and it felt like a homecoming. This place is perfect if you are looking for a scenic and serene getaway. The staff is extremely attentive yet not intrusive and they make sure that all your needs are met. If you call for room service or a drink or even a beach towel, you get it promptly unlike in large resorts where it is so crowded that you sometimes have to wait a bit for service. This hotel is a rare find. Go if you are looking for relaxation, beautiful views and romance!!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2010

I celebrated my birthday with some friends in Le Reve. The hospitality and comfort exceeded my expectations. Excellent hotel to relax and enjoy nature and the beach, super quiet and impeccable service. Thank you Le Reve team. I will return soon.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank celiobrasil
Reviewed 6 May 2010

I went to Le Reve, las weekend, I loved the place, the bungalow suites in front of the beach are priceless. Excellent food and service. And it simply has everything you need to have a geat time. A super romantic place to go.
Simply loved it.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 April 2010

First, let me say we did not stay here, didn't even see a room, but when my husband and I walked down the beach from the resort we were staying at we decided to ask if we could have a morning cup of coffee at this small stylish and serene looking place. The staff warmly welcomed us onto their open air restaurant overlooking the pool and beautiful beach beyond. We were brought complimentary sweet rolls and the friendly waiter turned on some soft Harry Connick Jr. music for us to enjoy. We were there in the late morning although we could see how beautifully-lit this area would be at night. We met the manager on duty that morning who encouraged us to return for a nice, quiet ambient dinner that evening which sounded sooo good to us! Unfortunately, as it turned out, we couldn't make it back, but it is a MUST-DO the next time we are in the Playa del Carmen area. We were anxious to find a little jewel of an escape like Le Reve after feeling a bit "trapped" at a massive and sprawling timeshare resort teeming with crowds.
If you are looking for peace and quiet, soft jazz with ambient dining overlooking an infinity edge pool and the beach beyond, this is the place! Staff is very professional and attentive, very impressive!

Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PapillonHB
Reviewed 14 April 2010

When I think of Le Reve....I just feel the need to go back and cannot wait until my next anniversary!! I highly recommend all the experience, the service, food, and most of all...the place! The bungalow suite really did it for us with our own private pool, just my husband and I... A truly romantic getaway to celebrate our 7th anniversary. Thanks!!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple