“Absolute Paradise, found a place we will return yearly!!!”

Le Reve Hotel & Spa
Ranked #99 of 211 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
Reviewed 17 August 2010

This place was great from start to finish. Check in was a small booth, on top of driveway. You look out to a beautiful pool and ocean. We had the bungalow #401 and it was amazing. Thatched roof, sliding doors out to a patio to a private pool to a beatiful ocean, what more can you ask for. The food was outstanding, breakfast was on the house daily and amaing everyday. We ate lunches and dinners here and even had a romantic dinner on the beach. I can't even begin to tell you how good the food was, I'll be here all day! The beach was rocky but fine for us. I would like to thank Freddy, Mario, Roberto and Ivan for an amazing time, they went out of there way to make our stay perfect. Thanks guys!!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NEEDVACATIONNOW71

Reviewed 12 August 2010

The hotel is beautiful and very calm. It is great for
couple and an amazing honeymoon. All The staff
members were so helpful and kind. The food is
also very good and not more expensive than in The 5th avenue of Playa Del Carmen.

Reviewed 10 August 2010

I went down to Playa del Carmen for my husbands birthday and I had seen the pictures in their web page but I never imagined the sight and the hotel would be so amazing. We stayed there for a couple of days and we enjoyed everything in the resort. The hotel staff was so friendly and the service was excellent. The ceviches are the best things I have ever ate. We stayed at one of the bungalows and it was beautiful, we could walk up to the sea in 10 steps and the beach is quiet and just what we needed for a romantic getaway. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to have a good time and let themselves be treated to de best food, service and sights in Playa del Carmen!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2010

I agree with the posts mentioning that the bed was amazing. I liked it so much that we took a photo of the brand and make (Sealy Comfort Side) so we can buy it at home! The room was very tastefully decorated (we got the standard downstairs suite), which included a garden. The rain shower was beautiful, we heard no noise from the other suites at all. The hotel has a turndown service was lovely.

The staff greet you by name and were friendly and extremely helpful. Mayra helped us book tours (I can recommend Aventuras Mayas snorkel adventure) and even our next hotel. But the thing I loved the most was the infinity pool overlooking the ocean. It was like being in a post card.

Yes, it is true that the water in front of the hotel has a few rocks in it, the upside is that few people swim there making the view even more perfect.

It was absolute heaven, and you can rent out the whole place (25 rooms) for a wedding if you want.

The food was not stellar, breakfast, which was included to our surprise was just fine. However, dinner was a fancy but not particularly good and very expensive. It's worth paying the taxi to go into town. Lunch however was excellent we stayed for lunch on our last day so that we could the chicken tacos. They were expensive but awesome!!

The pool was perfect and yes, the temperature was perfect as were the cushioned lounge chairs. There was a couple during our stay who were making out in the pool like they invented sex! However, we can hardly blame the hotel for that.

If you like to sail you can rent a catamaran from the all inclusive further down the beach (who also have a nice beach) called Sandos Caracol for about $30 US for an hour.

If you like the look of Le Reve you might also like to spend a couple of nights at Hotel La Amada in Playa Mujeres.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2010

My husband and I were on a road trip across the Mexican Peninsula and had the best stay by far at Le Reve, even after spending more money and having bigger expectations for other places.
Le Reve was our favorite because of its great location, serenity and comfort.
Location:
Other places we stayed in were in the middle of the action (downtown Merida and Cancun) or too isolated (Tulum) and Le Reve hit the perfect balance for us. We could take a short drive in our rented car and be in Playa del Carmen's 5th Ave. for a walk with all of the other tourists and do a little souvenir shopping. There are plenty of stop lights on the way into town to slow you down even though its supposed to be a highway, but it was about 15 minutes.
Serenity:
My husband and I both agree that this has something to do with the location since the hotel is fairly isolated, but it's more than that. We stayed at another isolated hotel and never really got the same feeling. Maybe it was the waiters who brought us drinks on the beach or breakfast in bed as we looked out over the palm trees and beach. It's something you can't really put your finger on, but the mix of a great staff, location, food and the building itself come together to create a sort of contagious "vibe" that really put us at ease.
Comfort:
Great bed. Really. I can't say enough about it. Our room had a shower looking over the ocean that we really enjoyed. The pool was also at just the right temperature and the reclining deck chairs felt like they were made to fit our bodies perfectly.

In short, great place. I'd definitely recommend Le Reve (we already have!) to anyone for just about anything, but especially for a vacation for couples.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Trishtravels38
Reviewed 14 June 2010

This place is AWESOME!!! My Wife and I got married here last weekend and had amazing time. Food was excellent. Drinks were strong. Wedding was beautiful. Arlenis, our wedding coordinator, did an excellent job! The rest of the staff was very very friendly and took great care of all of us. I miss it already.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2010

Arrving to Le Reve takes you away from it all.
The sense of arrival is extra ordinary. You start out at the very modern Can Cun Airport and travel through a high way that was fine and going to get better since they are building super high speed overpass highway. You then turn into what seems a small street that brings you back to the 1960 Mexico only to arrive at the hotel on the beach. Fantastic the sense of arrivle. I came to Mexico looking for character. Something I can’t experience in the US.

You arrive at the lobby that has the most incredible view of the ocean framed between two walls that begs of you to take a picture. This is how they have set up the experience for you. Starting out with this splendid view framed between the beautiful architecture of the hotel. As you go down the stairs you are greeted by the most original pool that windes its way through the grounds and tress only to invite you in. I LITERALY wanted to stop the walk to the room and jump in.
We stay in a bungalow and I can’t suggest that everyone stay there. From your room you can open the back sliding window and walk a few steps right into the torques water! You can t do this in many places and for the price we paid you cant even dream about doing this. The neighboring hotels, the Mandarin Oriental and the Fairmont are charging you 1,500 per night for similar rooms. No one give you this view and proximity to the water ate the price we paid.

Loved the place we are coming back next year for sure.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple