My boyfriend and I stayed at Le Reve for Thanksgiving this year and it was by far, the best trip I'd ever been on. As many of the reviews have said, the Staff is amazing. The level of attention and care that you receive at Le Reve is something that can only be experienced at a small boutique hotel. We walked along the beach to check out the other hotels, and granted some had better beach fronts or larger pools, our hotel had an intimate feel and the staff treated us like royalty. We ate and drank on the beach pretty much everyday. Our drinks never ran too low and our plates were never empty before someone would come down to our lounge or hammock to ask if we wanted anything else. And at night, we would always find cute little desserts and inspirational quotes on our turned down beds. I can't even get into all the wonderful little touches that this remarkable staff did to make our trip special.
My only concern with the hotel, and its one that I think the hotel should definitely take into consideration, is the road leading up to the hotel. Before we went on this trip, I read ALL of TripAdivsor's reviews and I was somewhat prepared for the "dirt road." But it was so much worst than I imagined. So bad even, that we tried to cancel our reservation. The pot holes are the size of cars and it takes about 15 min just to get to the main road because cars/buses have to come to almost complete stops just to maneuver around the pot holes. I'm so thankful that we weren't able to cancel our reservation (no refund policy) because we ended up having the time of our lives, but Le Reve deserves a lead-up that speaks to the level of service and caliber of the hotel.
Oh...last note. The food! The food is amazing! Breakfast is free and its crazy how many great options you have to choose from. Lunch and dinner were also great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Rêve Hotel & Spa is a luxury and modern boutique hotel in Playa del Carmen. With a unique collection of 28 rooms overlooking the Caribbean Sea with the perfect blend of nature, peace, gastronomy and mexican hospitality. Our guests are able to book just the hotel room or they can indulge with our unlimited food & beverages "Gourmet All Inclusive A la Carte" . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Le Reve Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Reve Hotel And Spa
- Le Reve Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Le Reve Playa Del Carmen
- Le Reve Hotel & Spa Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen