We spent a week at this small, friendly hotel that's successfully designed for visual impact. Our 2nd floor room in the main building had an ample balcony overlooking the pool (not very deep) and out to the sea. The view was a bit blocked by some trees. But they also provided some privacy, given the entire front wall is glass (with curtains). The hotel staff was extremely responsive and helpful, particularly the concierge, Jesus. The restaurant, which was under our room, faces the same way. Food was quite good and beautifully presented, but overpriced for what it is. Breakfast, included in room price, had about 8 items, but lacked any healthy cereal or whole grain options, not even whole wheat bread. Too heavy on eggs, cheese and white bread.
Waitstaff was friendly but uneven. in skill Had to ask more than once for coffee, the check and even a napkin (once). One waiter we seemed to get stuck with kept filling one of our coffee cups but not mine, which was empty. Also, the waitstaff makes a lot of noise clanking plates and such when they set up early in the morning before breakfast. Since several rooms (including ours) are directly over the restaurant, this is a problem and woke us up early every day.
The one significant downside is that there is not a single chair in the whole place (except at the dining tables) that provides any back support! Not in the rooms, not at the pool, nowhere. They all curve and lean back., except for some couches in the lounge that have very long seat depths -- too long for anyone but a tall person to be able to sit straight in and still have one's feet touch the floor. Chaises at the pool don't raise up far enough to support a person sitting any way other than prone. For a stay of 7 days, this became very uncomfortable and annoying. But all done for visual impact, not comfort or health.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Rêve Hotel & Spa is a luxury and modern boutique hotel in Playa del Carmen. With a unique collection of 28 rooms overlooking the Caribbean Sea with the perfect blend of nature, peace, gastronomy and mexican hospitality. Our guests are able to book just the hotel room or they can indulge with our unlimited food & beverages "Gourmet All Inclusive A la Carte" . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Priceline, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Le Reve Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Reve Hotel And Spa
- Le Reve Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Le Reve Playa Del Carmen
- Le Reve Hotel & Spa Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen