“Great Vacations start here!”
Review of Hacienda Tres Rios

Hacienda Tres Rios
Ranked #66 of 211 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Compact, great food, good location to see the area. The service staff was great. After the first day or two Manual and Pablo and Merysa greeted us by name and took the time to pay attention to what our needs were. The room service food was the some of the best quality. We trave to this area often. If you haven't been to an eco hotel this would be a very good to try. The hotel property is compact and not too much walking is required there. However the 326 arce nature park is adjacent and offers 10 cenotes and of course the 3 rivers. There are lots of kids.... however there is an adult only pool and more than enough beach chairs and beach for everyone to enjoy.

Room Tip: Try to get to the 3rd or 4th levels of the hotel for more quiet and much better viewsl
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
DavidZCancun_Mexico, Manager at Hacienda Tres Rios, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Dear Guest:
Thank you for your nice comments. We are glad to learn you had a great experience at Hacienda Tres Ríos.
We invite you to come back soon, remember your private Mexican retreat awaits you.

There are newer reviews for Hacienda Tres Rios

Reviewed 12 August 2014

We came to this place last june for my 40th bday and i had the best time with my family!The place was very cozy and family oriented. The food was great and friendly staff. The kids and I really love the cenotes ( water sink hole)i think this was the best spot out there!!! The beach was ok! The weight room needs major upgrade pls!!!!!! The front door in our room was hard to close!! If your paying for that prize it should be more detailed. My room is on the first floor towards the beach and every time I walk by the kitchen to the main lobby the kitchen door does not look appealing to me it looks ghetto. I see cracks patches on the exterior wall! Overall we fell in love with this place and eager to return soon. I hope the weight room would look a lot better next time!!! Any paint job, small cracks etc. should be precise and no short cuts

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest:
Thank you for sharing your experience at Hacienda Tres Ríos and for let us be part of your 40th birthday celebration. We are giving follow up to your concerns with the areas involved and would love to be your host again.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

I stayed here about 4 years ago and thought it was the "cream of the crop" as far as the food, amenities and service (I was very impressed back then and that's why I returned). Back then, the resort had just started and they were still updating some of the areas.
When I stayed this last time, I was disappointed with several things...
The food... not the same quality, the dishes are not as spectacular. The spaghetti was okay but it was much better before. The buffet was awesome before and now it's the regular deli meat, salad, just okay desserts nothing spectacular like before. The Mexican Restaurant upstairs has better food but before, all the restaurants were phenomenal.
The room is still very nice but a couple of times, my mini fridge was not stocked.
The service was very good... they all gave me their names so I could include them in the Trip Advisor Review... I'll include them in the next one.
The property... this was the most disappointing. They were working on the beach last time I was there (Mayan Riviera doesn't have as nice beaches as Cancun Zona Hotelera) They were taking the rocks away and making it a little better to walk out (lots of sea weed in this part of the ocean) but this time, it was terrible... the dark soil was erroding to the water (not sure what happened to the sand), no one at the beach. Not sure if it's a natural disturbance and couldn't be fixed but it was sad to be in paradise and not go to the ocean. The swimming pool is nice but you can go to a swimming pool anywhere. I didn't do the kayak ride, nor the cenote but I'm sure it is still there. I did do "The Senses Tour" which enjoyed a lot and would recommend it.
You still feel safe and they do try to please you in every aspect AND they don't try to sell, sell down your throat like the other resorts. This is still a nice place, I would return if the rates would go down and it the food was improved.

Room Tip: It was quiet so can't think of anything
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank 4Travelling

Dear Guest:
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your feedback which enable us to review our standards and procedures in order to assure the high quality and service we have become known for.
We invite you to come back and see the improvements we have done since your last visit.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

This was a week in paradise for me. I was invited by my dear friend to spend a week with her and another dear friend at Tres Rios, and I am soooo thankful that I accepted. This was a week of pure enjoyment and relaxation. The atmosphere is beyond beautiful; photos do not do it justice. The staff took good care of us and pampered us to the point of spoiling us rotten. The food is outstanding, and waiters Gregorio and Gilberto Tec were especially attentive; they made the dining experience even more enjoyable than it already was. I would highly recommend the Chef's Table, where Gilberto served us seven courses of wonderful prepared by Oscar, head chef supreme. Gregorio took care of us at several different locations, and we loved him--professional but with a great sense of humor. A special thanks to Julio and Miguel, our first-class butlers, both of whom helped make our stay at Tres Rios a vacation to remember .

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest:
Thank you for your nice specially about our staff whom we are proud of and thank you on their behalf. We are glad to hearn you had a perfect vacation.
Come back soon remember your private Mexican retreat awaits you.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

We just returned from a one week stay at HTR which we thoroughly enjoyed. My husband and I took our 13 year old granddaughter and we were impressed with our beautiful one bedroom suite, the quality of the food (we ate in every restaurant and thought the quality and service were exemplary) and the many activities offered. The kayaking and Segway tours were enjoyable and we loved the Sense Adventure. Do try it-a really unique and wonderful experience. The downside was lack of hows at night, housekeeping and check-in. After traveling all day we were dismayed that our suite wasn't ready for us until 9PM! Then our last day the room never got cleaned at all. Other days the room was cleaned but used towels were not replaced. We had to call for more which were promptly delivered.
We found the staff very helpful and friendly. Ana was our concierge and was most helpful. Juan our travel agent did a great job arranging excursions for us. Mirsa, the hostess at the Buffet was simply delightful and charming and learned our name and even room number after only a couple of days. And our waiter at the Pizza Place, Fermini (?) was exceptionally charming and helpful. Our room was in the main building and overlooked the river and adult pool and was gorgeous with two balconies but very quiet. Baths were enormous and beautiful as was the entire suite. We would definitely stay again.

1  Thank Ruth S
Reviewed 10 August 2014

My husband and I took our 3 daughters and a friend. They range from ages 24-17. This resort is amazing. The grounds are beautiful. The rooms are very clean and kept up. The restaurants are wonderful. The staff can't do enough to help you and they remember your name to make you feel at home. There is so much to do that you are never bored. Orlando and Isay kept the girls going all week. Gregory made sure we had all our favorite foods and Angel kept our room immaculate.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We stayed at the resort for one week until August 3rd, 2014. We definatelly reconmend it specially if you are traveling with children there are plenty of activities to keep the whole family entertain. The staff is amazing, they are very special and make you feel welcome all the time. The teachers in the kids club were very special with my child he wanted to go again and again. We enjoyed all the activities in the resort, kayaking, snorkling, swiming in the rivers... The sensorial tour was great too. Something to definatelly try are the Yoga Classes and the spa. Manuel the yoga/ gym trainer is great. And so Coni and Ismael at the grill restaurant, David, Mauricio with the Catamarans... Over all our vacation was great since day one, we loved it and will visit again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family