My husband and I stayed at HTR for one week with my mother and our two young children the first week of July. For the purposes of transparency, I will disclose that we are owners of this time-share resort. However, our experience with the time-share presentation was not heavy-handed, nor was it uncomfortable in any way. The resort sold itself. For those who complain about the presentations, I would suggest that perhaps they should not have attended the presentation in the first place. If you can't afford to purchase, then please don't waste the time of the salespeople to get your free tickets to area attractions.
1. The grounds are immaculate. It makes relaxing so much easier when the entire resort is bright and clean.
2. The green building is a nice change. The resort captures rain water on the roof for use on the grounds. It also has a desalinazation plant to use ocean water for the grounds, rather than using drinking water. It was nice to see the trash receptacles have two sides, one side for trash, and one side for compostable products.
3. The nightly shows were well-done and tasteful. Our entire family enjoyed the Caribbean beach party, and the Mayan show was great. My husband and I enjoyed kareoke night as well.
4. Although the spa was a little small, compared to other resorts of the same level, the services were dreamy. The resort is currently in the process of building a 3000 sq. ft. new spa facility, so this will be a nice addition.
5. On-site cenotes, kayaks, snorkeling was fun and adventurous.
6. free wireless access in our suite
7. The service was very friendly. I was sad to see that most who were vacationing did not tip their servers. Just because this is an all-inclusive resort does not mean that you should not tip those who bring your food and drinks! My husband and I made sure to tip on all services, and we were well taken care of.
8. location. The resort is about a 15 minute ride to 5th Avenue- the major retail and restaurant strip in Playa del Carmen.
1. The cuisine was hit or miss at this resort. The Pizzaria near the pool was amazing. The fire-burning brick oven made the best crust ever! The poolside grill was very good also. The grilled shrimp were huge and cooked perfectly. My children enjoyed the self-serve ice cream poolside and the pastry shop greatly, especially the chocolate fountain with fresh strawberries daily. The asian fusion grill was probably my favorite, followed by the Italian and the Mexican restaurants, which were both tasty. The servers were very knowledgeable regarding the menu. The room service menu, although limited in choices, had tasty options as well. The only food that I thought was lacking was the daily breakfast buffet. The items on the menu never changed, thus by day seven, breakfast was getting really boring. We never ate the lunch buffet, but we heard the lunch buffet was similar to breakfast... same thing every day.
1. Beach, or lack thereof. The beach area is nice if you want to lounge in the covered cabanas with a good book. However, if you want to get in the water, this is NOT the place. The beaches were very poor compared to others I have been to in the area. However, we were able to take the shuttle to the sister resort about 20 minutes away (Fisherman's Village), and that resort had a breathtaking beach. We were also able to take advantage of their all-incusive with our visit. Thus, if you are willing to take the free transportation to the sister resort, you will have access to pristine beaches.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy and relax in a sustainable tourism luxury development in the Mexican Caribbean, our Spa & Nature Park make it the perfect spot for relaxing while your younger and more adventurous companions explore the beauty of the Riviera Maya within a safe environment such as this award-winning eco-luxury hotel integrated within Tres Ríos Nature Park. Be part of a paradise designed to restore and preserve the natural landscape without sacrificing the comforts and amenities of a five star all-inclusive hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Prestigia, Odigeo, Expedia, LoveHolidays, 5viajes2012 S.L., Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hacienda Tres Rios reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Tres Rios Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Hacienda Tres Rios Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen