Casa Ticul Hotel by Koox Luxury Collection
The Royal Playa del Carmen(Playa del Carmen)
US$423
US$849
US$366
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
Grand Velas Riviera Maya(Playa del Carmen)
US$1,342
US$868
Bookit.com
Petit Lafitte(Playa del Carmen)
US$195
US$190
Fairmont Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
US$675
US$353
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
Rosewood Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
US$1,474
US$1,080
US$227
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsboutique hotelrooftop breakfastgreat boutiquebeach clubstreet noisecomfortable bedsevery morningflights of stairsincluded breakfastfresh fruitlocation was perfectsmall poollarge showerwould highly recommend this hotelrestaurants and barsroom numberave
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 March 2011

We just returned home to Boston from a wonderful stay at Hotel Casa Ticul. I chose this hotel because of the reviews and I am glad I did.
Everyone that works here is just wonderful, very kind and helpful. We felt welcome from the minute we walked through the door.

This hotel is in a great neighborhood close to the best restaurants in the town.
I loved getting up each morning and having a made to order breakfast on the roof deck. The warm smiles that greeted us each morning were worth getting up for, not to mention the fresh local eggs and cappucino!
Corner store and laundry service were great too.
This is a place where I will return again and again.
++very clean and comfortable, thanks to Hotel Casa Ticul and Nicolas our driver to and from airport. Everything was wonderful.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
yoyo68, Guest Relations Manager at Casa Ticul Hotel by Koox Luxury Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2011

Thanks for your suggestions and your nice comment.

We will consider all suggestions like internet on the terrace and the table for the reading rooms.

For your next visit we will ensure that your stay is even better!

Reviewed 28 March 2011

My wife and I spent two weeks at Casa Ticul late February and early March this year and we'll go back again. We've been to Islas Mujeres and Holbox, Tulum, and Playa del Carmen a number of times and this year decided to stay in a nicer hotel rather than make a low price the key thing.

Casa Ticul is far enough north on Fifth Avenue that the noise and jostling is a few blocks away and you're, instead, in a pleasant little neighborhood that's quiet and not built up, yet. It feels more like Mujeres and Holbox and Tulum than Cancun. Wonderful little restaurants are within three to five blocks and recommendations from those at the front desk were superb--the less money the meal cost, the better their recommendations. We ate a number of dinners at a little two-table place about five blocks away where the chicken tamales hit the spot night after night, and the bill never came to more than 70 pesos (athough we'd leave 100).

I spent my days writing up on the roof terrace where breakfast is served. During the day usually no one is up there and the tables and chairs plus loungers and view are perfect for privacy and work. Each day I'd go into the shower up there and wet down my shirt and shorts three or four times during the afternoon so the water would evaporate, cooling me.

Breakfast is the highlight: the cooks are kind and willing to make whatever you'd like. Delightful breakfasts with scrumptious juices and food all cooked and served by the most kind and helpful women you can imagine. We tipped them but the breakfasts are free.

The pool is clean and cool, but its placement is impracticable and it was almost never used.

Three things could be improved: first, there's no small table and chairs in the room, so the only place to read or write or do e-mail is on the bed; second, the bed is wonderful, but it sits on top of a platform that makes getting on and off quite awkward; and third, internet connectivity would be much improved if they added a couple wireless routers--especially one on the roof.

From the owners to the people who sorted the laundry on the roof each afternoon, everyone was polite, cheerful, and willing to help with any need. We had a delightful two weeks, walked everywhere, and thus got a lot of good exercise (no need for a car, here). We plan to go back.

Thank you, Casa Ticul!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Tim747
Reviewed 24 March 2011

My husband and I headed to Playa Del Carmen for 3 days before heading to Tulum, and stayed at Casa Ticul. We don't like being in the middle of the chaos, so we loved that they are the much quieter end of 5th Ave. I realize it won't be like this for long with new development, but I don't like being in the middle of tourist chaos. We were only a 3-5 minute walk to the beach and easy walk to the busier part of 5th Ave. We were provided passes to Mammitas on the beach where we could get some shade. While Mammitas can be quite the scene, you can park it a little closer to the Mahekal Resort (we would love to stay there but it was over our budget). Either way it was the perfect amount of time for us in Playa Del Carmen. I don't know that I could of stayed a week as it was a getting redundant in town and too touristy on the beach.

The rooms were very very clean - with AC - the only thing is I personally hate AC and the ceiling fan had only one speed (which almost blew us off the bed - a small laughing moment for us!). We were fortunate that it was not that hot in the nights so we kept the AC low. The bed was super comfortable and the room was well cared for. The bathrooms super clean! This is not a 5 star resort, but for us it was perfect. We are not the types who like all-inclusives with everything 'taken care of' - we are a bit more adventurous - so we really enjoyed this place.

I can not brag enough about the breakfasts on the roof top! AMAZING! Sopas, Tortillas, Omelettes, amazing fruit, yogurt, granola and fresh squeezed juices! What a value. Our hotel in Tulum only offered toast and juice! We totally feel like we scored and were very happy about our choice to stay at Casa Ticul.

Reviewed 21 March 2011

One block from fabulous fish house where the locals line up for fresh seafood. Quiet end of 5th Ave and lots of interesting places within walking distance. Lovely decks to sit undisturbed for an evening drink and watch the pedistrian traffic from above. Kitchen girls make sure there is an abundance of fresh fruit and the cooked breakfasts are tasty and nicely presented. All employees are polite, seem to be happy in their work and do a good job.

Reviewed 15 March 2011

That's what my son said while skyping with him and I showed him around the hotel with my computer. "Let's just say I wasn't expecting to be able to afford a hotel like this." Was my reply.
It was an oasis of cool air fresh high thread linens, marvelous breakfasts on the sundrenched rooftop, fresh fruit, omellettes and cafe con leche to your hearts desire. Follow that with a dip in the pool. The quiet privacy a loving couple craves. Great help full from desk staff. The kind of generous attentive hospitality one hopes to find in a warm latin country.
Conversing with staff about well. ...just stuff...in spanish. Am I overstating how pleasant our stay was at Casa Ticul. Not a chance. Gracias muchisimas a todo el staff Y Paula.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple