“extraordinary service”
Review of Hotel Casa Ticul

Hotel Casa Ticul
Ranked #93 of 212 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
Reviewed 9 January 2010

Casa Ticul is one of the best options in playa del Carmen, the hotel has an extraordinary ambiance, the staff is always looking for offer you a good service and the location is becoming the best in Playa del Carmen, a lot of good restaurants around it.
I highly recommend Casa Ticul, the best value in Playa.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 January 2010

If you are looking for a small, quiet boutique hotel in Plalya del Carmen I highly recommend Hotel Casa Ticul. The hotel is located on 5th ave in the newly developing northern end of playa and it's less than 1o minutes away from the beach, restaurants and bars, The rooms are very clean, modern and beautifully decorated and come with nice amenities such as aloe vera after sun lotion and mosquito gel in addition to soap and shampoo. We also enjoyed the complimentary breakfast- including eggs, ham, fruit, coffee and juice served on their lovely roof top deck. There is nothing bad to say about the place and my boyfriend and I agree that Hotel Casa Ticul is now our new favorite place to stay in playa del carmen.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 January 2010

Casa Ticul is a unique combination of a boutique hotel experience and a bed and breakfast. From the moment you walk in, the hotel staff knows your name, pours you a glass of wine, takes your luggage, checks on you during your stay, asks if you need directions, a dinner reservation or a taxi. They even deliver coffee to you in the morning. The rooftop restaurant is delightful and trendy, for breakfast or a romantic meal. The lobby is artsy, elegant, yet cozy. In all my extensive travels abroad, I have not encountered something so uspcale and so cozy all in one. Congratulations to the Casa Ticul team! Kathy Hernandez, Orlando, FL

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 January 2010

I had a great time in Playa and Casa Ticul was great.

I first thing about Casa Tical you must realize is that it is on the new side of the town. 5th Ave is building out north and Casa Ticul is on the bleeding edge of that growth. So the building, rooms, beds, marble showers, etc are nice and new. The hotel is in a quiet and nice location, yet you are only a few minutes walk to the action. I felt very safe in all areas of Playa Del Carmen. We live in New York City, so I feel like I have a good gauge for judging safety, and I did not feel even the slightest bit threatened at any time. The people are generally very nice and outgoing. I feel like I even made some friends in town that I will keep touch with.

The staff at Casa Ticul is great. They make you feel like family. My wife got a bit burned in the sun. Elisa must have noticed because she brought in a big piece of fresh aloe that she cut from her garden at home. I asked the front desk to set up a taxi to Tulum and they pointed out that renting a car is better and much cheaper. They were right, I am so happy I rented the car. It was easy and it let me explore so much more. Mauricio had the car delivered to the hotel and ready for me at 9am. They also were very helpful in setting up our excursions like the ATV trip we took. Any assistance you need, they are there.

Unlike other portions of our trip to Mexico, Playa was a place where we were always out and about. There are so many great restaurants, bars, shops, and beaches. We really liked Di Vino, it is a bit pricey, but the food and wine were great. The foie gras was huge and amazing. Late night, the lounge by the pool at Deseo is a great place to get drinks, lye on a bed, relax, and socialize. We were not in our room much, but we always felt good coming back to Ticul to retire for evening. It honestly felt like going home.

Because it was a quiet beach and restaurant filled week with my wife, Casa Ticul was perfect. If I was going to Playa with all my guy friends, I would have stayed at a trendier spot more central downtown. All in all, the place was great, the price was right, and I would definitely go

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 December 2009

Location+price+service+features= Casa Ticul
I love this place.
It really feels like home, small, quiet, clean, staff is sweet and helpfull. Jessica (Sales Director) is very cooperative and professional.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 December 2009

I visited the hotel during my last part of my trip to Playa del Carmen. When I called to the hotel in order to do my reservation the personnal had a excellent attention by phone. One month later I was in Playa del Carmen and I was surprised about the kind personal who is working in this hotel.

The rooms are very confortable and the bed is amazing... really. The hotel is very quiet, it's small but I think it has all the necesary items to enjoy Playa del Carmen.

Playa mamitas is very near of this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 November 2009

We stayed at this hotel at the end of October and beginning of November.
I must say one of the biggest reasons I chose a hotel is by the trip advisor reviews.
It’s my duty to report what I experience as well.
We arrived a bit late and the reception lady told us we were not allowed to stay in the
Second floor as the owner was having a birthday party and he had chosen the whole floor
Reserved for his guest. That was fine, we didn’t mind the comment that (the boss was more important)
Room number 7 was our first room. On the second day there the shower back up and then the whole room
Was flooded due to sewer backed up.
The cleaning stuff was more concerned that the people at the front desk, the head cleaning lady was the one
Who arranged what room we had to move to and helped us move our stuff, front reception never offered to move us until the cleaning lady requested it.
We were moved to another room which happened to be in the second floor. We kept hearing a ticking noise from the room below (it happened to be the fan, there is no high low buttons, only super fast or off). They offered us another room #9 which we took because the party upstairs was that
Night and it was too loud to sleep already.
I must say the rooms are very nice and clean, the cleaning stuff runs this place and the reception staff takes care of the phones and internet queries. They were not very helpful when we asked questions. They seem a bit lethargic and bored.
The place is far from where all the main entertainment is as long as it’s not Saturday when the music across the street is very loud until 2:00 a.m.
The Hotel is one block from a beautiful very quiet beach that doesn’t have guys begging you to sit in front of their restaurant or to rent a palapa from them. Also the best breakfast is on the way to the beach (la cueva del chango) we ate there every day (according to reception our package did not include the complimentary breakfast even though it was in the reservation) it was going to cost us $3 a person if we wanted to eat there so we choose elsewhere.
We really liked that it had wireless internet.
When it rains the offer you umbrellas which I thought was a very nice gesture.
Over all we believe the place is good for the price.
We will try other places a bit closer to what we enjoy next time.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
casaticul, owner at Hotel Casa Ticul, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2009

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review. We are very sad to hear about your bad exerience in our hotel.
We agree you have every reason to be a bit disappointed. The days when you were with us were extremely rainy which unfortunately generated a problem with your first room. Also the party planned for our roof terrace was an exceptional occurance because here in Casa Ticul which we truly appreciate your need for quiet and tranquility.
We have made a complaint to our neighbour for the music played on Saturday night.
I sincerely think that your choice to not recommend us to a friend is an error because without doubt our hotel is one of the best options in Playa del Carmen - this is the opinion of many of our guests from all over the world.
We offer a heartful apology and understand that your emotions, time and money are the most important things to our business and sadly this time we let you and ourselves down. We hope you return to visit us and give us the opportunity to change your mind about Casa Ticul.
Yours sincerely, Martin Ruiz, owner