“Lovely boutique hotel: location, charm and amenity”
Review of Hotel Casa Ticul

Hotel Casa Ticul
Ranked #86 of 211 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
Reviewed 27 July 2010

Perfect location far enough away from the hullaballoo but close enough to walk there. Great staff and very clean.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Casa Ticul

Reviewed 26 July 2010

Hotel Casa Ticul was an amazing choice for our stay in PDC. I always want to find a hotel with a great location and decent rooms. Hotel Casa Ticul had a great location, just steps from the beach and just off the main strip which is an easy 5 minute walk from the hotel... AND the rooms were MUCH better than just decent. Also we were given passes to rent lounge chairs at mamitas beach everyday which was fantastic!

The staff at this hotel are beyond accommodating and are always striving to go above and beyond their normal duties.... which I LOVED! They are always making sure that you are enjoying your stay and giving you great advice on where to eat, drink, and relax! Overall I could not have asked for a better staff... seriously amazing!

The rooms were spectacular as well.... from the comfortable beds to the amazing toiletries provided by the hotel. The soap, shampoo... everything was made out of great materials and smelled amazing.

If we were to go back to PDC we would not hesitate at all to stay at Hotel Casa Ticul again. It would be the first on my list...

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bran92011
Reviewed 26 July 2010

I just got back from a 3 day stay at Casa Ticul. I was very happy with my stay there. They currently have a 40% discount promotion, so we paid 88 USD a night including tax. The rooms are very comfortable. The beds are wonderful, there is reliable wireless internet, the shower has plenty of water pressure and hot water, and the bathrobes and slippers were a nice touch too. The pool area is also very nice. I thought it was great that there were bathrooms by the pool as well, plus a shower to rinse off from the beach. The hotel has a roof terrace. The breakfast is served there in the morning, and at night, it's a nice place to look at the stars. I even saw a shooting star from the terrace. However, the roof terrace is up 3 flights of stairs, so if you have a problem with stairs it might be difficult for you to get to the breakfast.
The hotel is located about a five minute walk from the beach. They provide complimentary passes to use chairs at Mamitas Beach Club and another club. We used the passes for Mamitas. The passes also include a 10% discount on the food at Mamitas, but be aware that they require that you show the pass before they bring your bill, or you won't get the discount. The hotel is about a 15 or 20 minute walk to the center of Playa nightlife on 12th Street.
One thing that keeps me from giving this hotel 5 stars is that there is very little light in the hotel rooms. I understand that they are probably trying to create a relaxing or maybe romantic mood, but I'd like to have the option of regular lighting too. It was just too dark. Fortunately, the bathroom area has enough light to get ready by. I also would have liked to see more variety with the breakfast.
Overall, I really enjoyed my experience at Casa Ticul and would definitely consider staying there again!

1  Thank SaraMc81
yoyo68, Director of Sales at Hotel Casa Ticul, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2010

Dear sedonico:

thanks for your comments to us is very important, in fact with the intention of giving a romantic atmosphere. light, using it not high but
we are working on the lights in the rooms now.
Hope to see you again soon on your next visit to Playa del Carmen.

Paola Baquedano.

Reviewed 19 July 2010

...if that we're possible. It was a last minute decision to stay in Playa for a night before heading down to Alkumal for a week. So I picked a left off hwy 307 and that happened to be 39th. On our way toward the beach, Heather said to me, "It would be great to find a hotel like The Standard in Hollywood." If you've ever been to The Standard you'll know what I mean when I say Casa Ticul is just too cool. Wonderful rooms, nice lighting and art pieces, a great little pool area to chill out at, the nicest staff. No human aquarium behind the reception, but is that really necessary? :) For what, ~80USD... shut the front door.

Speaking of cool, check out Kool Fish next door to hang with the locals. We ended up part of a birthday party for the most wonderful 50 year old woman with the best skin I've ever met.

Loved it so much we stayed another night on the way out of country.

~lil'bee

Reviewed 13 July 2010

We stayed here for one night and were blown away by the service and quality, especially when you consider the price. The rooms were spacious and spotless, breakfast was good and the staff were excellent. We're backpackers who decided to splurge for a night and I'm happy to say it was an amazing experience. 500 meters to the beach and a 10 minute walk to the heart of the eating district. Do yourself a favor and stay here! We will definitely stay here again.

Reviewed 12 July 2010

We stayed at Casa Ticul June/July of 2010. I had read about it on the internet and booked it. Our stay was a pleasure there. The rooms are always clean with fresh beach and bath towels and clean in general. The staff are very personable and very friendly any questions you may have about Playa Del Carmen in general or around the cancun area, they are always so pleased to help. The continental breakfast in the morning is superb with a variety of coffees, juices, cereals, and one hot meal. Casa Ticul's location is great, its only a couple of blocks away from the 5th Avenue (the main strip) and only a couple of blocks from the beach. I would definateley go back again.
Thank You, Gracias.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank princess14Toronto
Reviewed 1 July 2010

Nice and confortable hotel. Highly recomended. Its located at the end of the 5th av. which means that it is very quiet. Hotel is very clean and cozy.

Looking forward to stay there on my next trip to Playa del Carmen!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple