“good times in P.d.C.”

Luna Encantada Vacation Condos
Dallas, Texas
“good times in P.d.C.”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

just wanted to make a quick review of a dive trip we made to Playa. Stayed at the Luna Encantada and was very satisfied with the facilities and staff. We stayed in one of the 2 br units. good size and the balcony had a great view (the only thing missing was the hot tub!) of the ocean. The staff was very accommodating from the security guards to the management. In fact, I realized on the trip back to the airport that i had lost my driver's license. I contacted the resort upon my return to the states. Jose the resort manager found the I.D. but it was going to cost a fortune to send it back. i thought about having him destroy it since i could get another here for $20 but he got back with me and offered to send it with some friends who were traveling to the U.S. to mail it from the U.S. Long story short, I.D. safe and sound. I appreciate Jose for exceeding expectations. I would recommend the condos for anyone traveling to P.d.C. it's practically on the main street but far enough away from the discos to be quiet. good locale. good people.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Reviewed 19 September 2013

The view of the infinity pool leading to the ocean was amazing and the condo itself was very nice. Our internet didn't work, but the staff was extremely helpful so we didn't really need to use it anyway. I would definitely like to return to Luna Encantada.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We started in G3. About half way through stay, we were moved to E3. E3 much nicer, more comfortable (also 3 instead of 2 bedrooms), although furniture could be nicer. E3, like G3, does not have a table to dine at on the rooftop terrace. E3 does and G3 does not have a balcony table for dining. E3 had no leaking roof or leaking windows, a definite upgrade and the main reason for the move. We also had hot water and internet problems at G3. Leaking roof at G3 has existed for years, as I have learned. I took a photo of a guestbook entry from November 2009 to demonstrate the same. E3 gas grill on rooftop does not work. Met others who were also moved from one unit to another. Would never recommend staying in G3 to anybody. E3 is nice enough and despite problems, would stay here again. However, I would prefer a unit with outdoor seating/eating and hammocks, like the other units.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank RaymondAsher
Reviewed 9 July 2013

My wife and I just spent ten days at Luna Encantada H2 ,A beautiful condo over looking the Playa Del Carmen's beach, the view is spectacular!! Joe the owner of this beautiful condonmade the process seamless, he was great to work with. We were provided with tons of helpful information in writing once we made our reservation. Everything from how to access the condo , to restaurant recommendations, fishing information etc. The internet service in the condo was great and the condo has a US Vonage phone number so no problem calling home. The condo is a 2 bedroom ,large master suite, huge shower,all the necessities are there. Upon our arrival we were promptly greeted by Alberto the manager he and his staff worked so hard to make our stay one to remember. At the beach or the beautiful infinity pool we had staff to assist us also. Located in the heart of 5th ave. PlayaDel Carmen it was so easy to venture out and sample local markets and restaurants. We could see the Ferry departing daily to Cozumel from our beachfront in front of Luna. I would recommend this condo to anyone it was a great experience. The view from the condo was excellent on a clear day we could see Cozumel and at night we had a perfect view of the lights in Cozumel, very romantic. I would give the beach a great rating no drop offs , hardly any rocks, crystal clear warm and inviting. We cooked in the condo and it was close all the action in Playa Del Carmen. Thanks Joe for a great time we will be sure to return to Luna !

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Vernlori
ms
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Well, I'm writing this review early in the trip. If things change, I will write another to be fair.
It's true, the Luna Encantada has a great location. It is very quaint and charming. We stayed in unit D2, an ocean front unit. We were hoping it would be easy access to the beach, but we were wrong. There are no stairs close to the beach. You must walk to the front of the condo building to access the 2nd floor The view is amazing from this condo. The living room and master bedroom have sliding doors that open to a nice veranda. Unfortunately, the patio furniture is less than desirable. There are no coushions on the hard furniture. One of the lounge chairs fell apart when I touched it. Thankfully, I touched it before I tried to sit in it. When we arrived the maids were still cleaning the unit, and the door was propped open. I turned on all three A/C units. There is a thermostat in the den and both bedrooms. It was 80 degrees in the unit. But I thought maybe it was because the door was still open. We left for awhile and returned. It had not cooled off any. I was hoping after the maids left, the place would get cooler, but that did not happen. Thankfully, I brought a small fan with me because I like the white noise effect. Honestly, I would not have been able to sleep at all without it. The bedrooms finally reached 24 degrees Celsius. But the den thermostat still read 28 degrees C when we went to bed. That is unacceptable for a rented unit.
We have 4 teenagers and didn't think they would fit comfortablly in the two double beds of the 2nd bedroom. Management told us they did not allow ppl to sleep on the couch in the den, but a roll away would be brought into the bedroom. This is the most pitiful excuse for a roll away bed. It is a one inch piece of foam on a hard piece of wood. Then they covered the foam with a top sheet. No fitted sheet and no 2nd top sheet. That's it!
I will have to say that the security guard was very sweet. He doesnt speak English, so we did not visit with him, but he helped us carry our luggage to our unit.
There was mention that there would be phone service in the unit. I wanted to call the phone number of management to complain about the A/C nt working, but there is no dial tone on the phone. So much for free calls to the US. There is free wi-fi but it was difficult to access. The code we were given in our email was not correct. We were able to connect to another unit's thankfully.
We walked to WM and got some groceries. Took a cab back instead of hauling the groceries back.
There is no wine opener if you bring wine.
There are beach towels. There is a washer and dryer and they do have washing powder for you to use. There is also coffee filters, sugar and artificial sweetener, and a nice size bottle of dish washing liquid.
The bathrooms have a bar of soap and a small bottle of shampoo. 2 rolls of toilet paper.
There are no TVs in the bedrooms. There is one in their den.
The other negative is the beach. There are Many rocks in front of this building.. And the beach is not raked. Lots of seaweed. Not the prettiest site.
Overall, this place is just OK. Will not return unless things get ALOT better in the next few days!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank MSmom11
watergirlMichele, Owner at Luna Encantada Vacation Condos, responded to this review, 17 August 2013
Dear MSmom11,

We are very sorry to hear that your trip to Luna was not up to your expectations. As the owner of Unit D2, I'm particularly apologetic and would appreciate hearing how the remainder of the trip went after this first day or so. I am now in the unit and appreciate your frustration with the internet and have purchased a new router/modem as well as a new phone set for the condo. Reception seems to be much improved as even Apple TV is working well.

The rules of the condo are that the doors are to be kept open when the cleaning ladies are in units for their own security as I'm certain you can appreciate. I have contacted the company that manages our unit to determine why the AC was not working when you were here. It is working so well now that we have to turn it off to keep from freezing - :).

As to sleeping in the sleeper sofa, we are also inquiring with the management company why they told you that this was not allowed as we bought a sofa bed from Pottery Barn and shipped it here to Mexico specifically for this purpose. Since the 2nd bedroom is very large (many owners have cut their 2nd bedroom in half to make it into a 3rd bedroom), the 2 queen beds are generally comfortable for 4 children. Of course it is more fun, sometimes, for them to split up. I'm sorry this did not work out for your family.

Please be assured that we are working on making sure that the experience of our D2 guests is always positive in the future and I very much appreciate your input! Again, I hope that the remainder of your visit was a pleasant experience.

Warm regards,
Luna Encantada D2
New York
Reviewed 19 June 2013

We just returned from a week at Luna Encantad-F2. We had a great week all round, and the condo worked out very well for us. The location can’t be beat, couldn’t be more convenient. There were 6 of us (family of 4 - adult kids, each brought a guest), so being able to stay in the same unit, with a kitchen and 2 bathrooms worked out perfectly. Also the complex isn’t huge, so it was quite peaceful. No swim-up bar (which we prefer), loud music at the pool, or struggle to get lounge chairs.

As for the earlier comment on F2 regarding lack of housekeeping, etc., we did not have such a problem. Housekeeping was Mon-Wed-Fri as we were told. In addition to the general cleaning, they washed whatever dishes were left in the sink area, and did launder the bath towels and replaced the beach towels. As far as replacing water or other supplies (dishwasher soap, hand soap, etc) we did have to ask at the office, but they always took care of it. The office is closed on Sundays, so if you are running low on something, make sure you tell them Saturday.

The condo was for the most part comfortable. The exception would be the 3rd bedroom (smallest one). It was sparsely furnished and the ceiling fan made a clicking noise, so hard to sleep with it on. There is a/c throughout the unit, but this room was the only one without a thermostat and the a/c wasn’t blowing in that well. That along with no ceiling fan made the room a bit warm at night. Also, we did not have any noise issues (didn't hear music from Fusion next door).

We did most of our grocery shopping at the Mega store and DAC market (on 30th av near calle 20). DAC has very fresh fruit and even fresh baked bread. They also serve breakfast and lunch and make great smoothies. Mega has just about everything else you will need. The take out bbq chicken on 20th Av and calle 2 is not to be missed. And leftovers along with some cheese make for some great homemade quesadillas the next day.

We enjoyed sitting around the table on the terrace for lunch or an evening “cocktail” hour. The beach attendant, who we tipped a few dollars a day, was very helpful in setting us up with lounge chairs, umbrellas and tables. He even cut down some coconuts for us to drink the water (we tipped him extra for this!), which was quite the spectacle.

We would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Tempe, Arizona
Reviewed 7 June 2013

We stayed in H3, and it was heavenly. This condo has the absolute perfect location downtown and the condo itself is HUGE! The pictures of H3 do NOT do it justice! All the amenities were brand new and modern. The lounge furniture was nice and comfy, while the penthouse terrace was stunning and perfect for entertaining our friends. The management is top notch and security is tight. There is no noise issues and the beach is clean. Just a few feet to the right s the perfect spot for swimming as there are no rocks. We will definitely stay here again, it's PDC's best kept secret!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends