“After 10 years living here, still my favorite dinner place”
Review of Byblos

Byblos
Ranked #72 of 1,287 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Price range: US$15 - US$60
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Follow us on Facebook: Byblos Playa d. Carmen-The French Restaurant
Niagara Falls, New York
“After 10 years living here, still my favorite dinner place”
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Everything is great, I could have a night just fill of the amazing starters... Best escargot anywhere, amazing oysters roquefort, great fish, steak..
and the martinis forgetaboudit... A secret gem.

Cancun, Mexico
“Another GREAT Meal!”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This is yet another great review of Byblos. I'm lucky enough to live in Cancun and get down to Byblos every now and again. This was a "going away" dinner for my nephew who is headed back to his home town and his choice was "Byblos". I had the duck breast, my favorite-never fails dish. We shared the mussels and they were faultless. My husband and nephew each had pasta dishes, the names of which I don't remember but I did taste them both and they were awesome. The apple trio for dessert is another favorite of mine and we shared that between the three of us.

Don't miss this gem if you get to Playa del Carmen. It's off the beaten track so you probably won't just "walk by" it. Make the effort, you won't be disappointed!!!!

• Visited June 2014
Ohio
“One of our best meals”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We ended up here late afternoon, after fellow residents at our resort recommended it. They did not steer us wrong. The escargot was the best ever, even asked for more bread to soak up the butter sauce. The prices are very reasonable. We are at the grand mayan, with only a few dinner options, and even with the $45-50 round trip cab fare, this is the same, if not less. The mega resorts are no longer my cup of tea because they prevent exploring and finding a gem like this.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Michele E
Pound Ridge, New York
“Wow...”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

The owner/chef Sylvie and her husband Christian welcomed us in, and we were immediately charmed by the warm vibe in the dining room. After looking at the menu and getting some recommendations on food and wine from the chef herself, we had high expectations for the food - and they were totally blown away. We ordered appetizers, main courses and desserts, and everyone in our party (there were 5 of us) was melting with total bliss. Everything tasted so fresh and flavorful, going back to the food at my resort (despite it being a 5-star all inclusive) felt like a total bummer. If only Sylvie was the chef there!

From the warmth of the owners to the ultra-attentive staff, this place is a hidden gem in Playa. Parking really isn't that hard to find if you drive around the block, but worst case you walk a few blocks from your car. Parking is tough no matter where you are in Playa del Carmen, that's hardly any fault of Byblos. I haven't had a meal this good in a really, really long time, including at the Ritz Carlton restaurant in Madrid, which was excellent, but still just not on the same level. I forgot food could be this rich. Byblos is a must-visit, even if you're all the way up in Cancun. DEFINITELY make reservations. You'll be blown away. Perfect for couples. After all, it's owned by a husband and wife!

• Visited May 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Wonderful Escape From AI Resort Meals!”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

My wife and I have been staying at a nearby resort and eating "gourmet" meals from an all-inclusive package. The meals have not been gourmet and we needed to have a great meal. We first went to Oh Lala but they had no reservations available. The kind man at the restaurant recommended Byblos and it was excellent. Sylvie and her husband are great hosts and we could tell they know quality ingredients and how to use them. We highly encourage people who are looking for good food in a romantic setting with thoughtful and caring owners to try Byblos.

• Visited April 2014