“Nice French Bistro”

Price range: US$15 - US$60
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Follow us on Facebook: Byblos Playa d. Carmen-The French Restaurant
New York City, New York
“Nice French Bistro”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I lived in Paris and currently live in New York City. My friend who leaves in Playa suggested this small restaurant. The owner is Sylvie Goetz and her French "plats" have a touch of different parts of the world. She serves a delicious olive tapanade (so commom place now in French restos). I had a fish (robelo). I believe it was a snook with a distinctive Moroccan flavor. Very Nice. I was also surprised by the rose wine from Mexico. I decided to order it instead of the Domaine D'Ott so popular now (and very expensive). The oysters were nothing to write about. They were "correct" as they say in France. Still, if you want a nice French food experience in PDC, visit Byblos.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Roberto M

“Great!!”
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

This is the second time we dined here this year. Both were amazing experiences. The service is excellent. The food is the best. We sat inside both times. Outside may get a little load because of 10th avenue.

Niagara Falls, New York
“After 10 years living here, still my favorite dinner place”
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Everything is great, I could have a night just fill of the amazing starters... Best escargot anywhere, amazing oysters roquefort, great fish, steak..
and the martinis forgetaboudit... A secret gem.

Cancun, Mexico
“Another GREAT Meal!”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This is yet another great review of Byblos. I'm lucky enough to live in Cancun and get down to Byblos every now and again. This was a "going away" dinner for my nephew who is headed back to his home town and his choice was "Byblos". I had the duck breast, my favorite-never fails dish. We shared the mussels and they were faultless. My husband and nephew each had pasta dishes, the names of which I don't remember but I did taste them both and they were awesome. The apple trio for dessert is another favorite of mine and we shared that between the three of us.

Don't miss this gem if you get to Playa del Carmen. It's off the beaten track so you probably won't just "walk by" it. Make the effort, you won't be disappointed!!!!

• Visited June 2014
Ohio
“One of our best meals”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We ended up here late afternoon, after fellow residents at our resort recommended it. They did not steer us wrong. The escargot was the best ever, even asked for more bread to soak up the butter sauce. The prices are very reasonable. We are at the grand mayan, with only a few dinner options, and even with the $45-50 round trip cab fare, this is the same, if not less. The mega resorts are no longer my cup of tea because they prevent exploring and finding a gem like this.

• Visited June 2014