“DEE-LICIOUS!!”
Review of Ajua Maya - CLOSED

Ajua Maya
Price range: US$7 - US$50
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Fine dining in a casual sophisticated atmosphere with live Latin jazz and salsa every night. Specializing in Flambes at your table, Lobster, Steaks, authentic Mayan and Mexican cuisines, Mestizo recipes and, of course, our fabulous staff and excellent service. Perfect for a romantic dinner or a group event, wedding receptions or rehearsal dinners.
Reviewed 3 April 2013

My husband and I enjoyed a wonderful evening and dinner at this beautiful restaurant. Excellent service and wonderful, delicious food. The owner is so nice and friendly and really makes you feel welcome. We visited Playa del Carmen in February and loved being there and we had dinner here on our last night which made it very special. Wait until you see the servers deliver the drinks! A must for your visit to PdC.

There are newer reviews for Ajua Maya

Reviewed 27 March 2013 via mobile

Dear readers, I know it has been awhile since my last review, and many of you have asked where I've been. After a difficult year, what better way to kick off the reviewing season with a review of the new locale of Ajua Maya. You'll recall that I reviewed Ajua in its previous location last year. Well, I'm happy to report that Ajua stilll serves great food and drinks in its new location which has a more modern ambiance. It still has the much appreciated drink acrobatics which I won't spoil by revealing too much here. Also, in a town where margaritas are often no more than lime water, those at Ajua thankfully still pack a punch.

Reviewed 26 March 2013

Great night, great food, great service ! We had a really good time !
They prepared our filet mignon right in front of us at our table, it was delicious.
Will easily recommend to others visiting Playa del Carmen.
Merci beaucoup !

Reviewed 23 March 2013

The location was not the greatest, but the food and service were amazing. We had the Caesar salad to start and they make it from scratch right at your table. The waiters delivered our drinks to us by balancing them on their heads. They were very entertaining. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone the goes to Playa. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 20 March 2013

My wife first experienced Ajua Maya in 2007 while she was in Playa for a business conference that held an event there. She was so impressed by the entire experience that she insisted that were return together when the conference was over. We are both in love with this restaurant and would never consider a trip to Playa without a visit. Coming from Las Vegas where there certainly is no shortage of fine dining, celebrity chef restaurants and the like... I'll take this place anytime. The food is excellent with a variety that goes well beyond Mexican or Mayan though I would highly recommend both. If you want a great steak or pasta you can't go wrong there. The flambés are to die for and the drinks and deserts are the best. Service goes beyond excellent, it also entertains. Entertainment is also something that I highly rate here. While there last week we stopped by just to have a drink only to find probably the most entertaining mariachi band that I've ever heard playing. Imagine the three tenors with guitars...nothing like I've ever heard in Mexico. before. Our best to Brenda and Jorge. You put your heart and soul into Ajua and we wish you the best in your new location.

1  Thank Fletch511
Ajua B, Owner at Ajua Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2013

Thank you so very much for finding us again and loving our new Ajua Maya. It has been quite a journey from Calle 4 to Vía 5a in the new Playa del Carmen´s 5th Avenue. We appreciate each and every review and thank all of our patrons for taking the time to recommend us and our fabulous staff on TripAdvisor.

We hope to see you again soon and we promise to keep the flambés flaming and the drinks cold until your return!