“Great location, food and value”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of La Vagabunda

La Vagabunda
Reserve with OpenTable
La Vagabunda is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #66 of 1,234 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Good for: Groups, Cheap Eats, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 24th y 26th
Description: Traditional recipes hand-picked from the Mexican countryside create the foundation for Vagabunda's bold menu. Using honest ingredients and modern techniques, La Vagabunda presents authentic Mexican & International dishes with a new twists. Also featuring an unsurpassed selection of tequilas, we guarantee you'll find the bright and vibrant restaurant just as exciting as the food. Since 2000 Local's Favorite for Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
Calabash
“Great location, food and value”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Ate lunch one day at La Vagabunda and really enjoyed it. It's right on the avenue (between 6th and 8th I think), and it's great for people watching. We ate at a table outside, and my wife had a burger (seriously!) and I had a cubanita, which was an awesome sandwich! Like other restaurants on 5th, they have a sandwich board with specials out front, and her burger special and my sandwich + 2 buy one/get one beers ran between $20-25, which was a good bang for the buck. We thought the food was very good and highly recommend it as a lunch choice.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Sarah A

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Stanwood, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Service & Excellent Food”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The La Vagabunda restaurant we always eat at is located across the street from the Posada Mariposa in Playa del Carmen. Food is always great and the service, specifically Augusto, is exceptional. The Baja Tacos are the best in Playa!

1 Thank Charles L
Wellington, New Zealand
“Delicious Food & Great Service”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Our hotel recommended this restaurant, and it was the perfect spot for our first meal in Mexico. The nachos were by far the best I've ever had, and our fajitas were also delicious. The location is perfect for sitting outside and people watching on 5th Avenue. Definitely a great place to stop in central Playa for a reasonably priced, delicious meal.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Kelsey F
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Choice at every meal and GREAT SERVICE!(More Breakfast!)”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

It's Great little restaurant with authentic Mexican Hut.
Inside, very cozy, relaxing ambiance..

I/We been visiting this restaurant for about 10 years now. I love their breakfast choices, and also their great Margaritas and Pina Coladas's :)

But the MAIN reason is RAUL and his passion to his job!

As we all know how importhant the SERVER is!
Well, let me tell you, Along all other servers our FAVORITE GUY IS RAUL!
Very, professional, always smiling and enjoys his job! Whatever you order, it will be there faster than you know it! Along the good food, HE IS THE MAIN reason we always choose Vagabunda! Because, we know everything will be smooth and pleasant when RAUl is attending us :)

Thank you RAUL, THANK you Vagabunda for keeping him!

P.S. Please LESS salsa music :)

1 Thank BBgschicago
Tahoe City, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best service by Raul & Wilbert”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I come from an extensive food and beverage experience, I have never experienced such good service and hospitality, hands down the Best!!! Wilbert and Raul can't thank you enough. I wish you could work at one of my restaurants in California.

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!

You seriously proved to me that mistakes do happen but it is how you solve them that makes a remarkable and exceptional hospitality experience!!! You wowed me!

1 Thank Michael C