“Good Food, Great Service”
Review of La Vagabunda

La Vagabunda
Reserve with OpenTable
La Vagabunda is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #64 of 1,333 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 24th y 26th
Description: Traditional recipes hand-picked from the Mexican countryside create the foundation for Vagabunda's bold menu. Using honest ingredients and modern techniques, La Vagabunda presents authentic Mexican & International dishes with a new twists. Also featuring an unsurpassed selection of tequilas, we guarantee you'll find the bright and vibrant restaurant just as exciting as the food. Since 2000 Local's Favorite for Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We ate here on a recent trip to Playa Del Carmen. We liked it so much e came back the next night! We just walked in off the street and were welcomed warmly by the manager and staff.
We ordered exclusively Mexican dishes and were really pleased with the quality and the quantity. Great Chimichangas among other items. Galindo was fatanstic and convinced me to have a sipping tequila after dinner, and I am glad I did. I am now the proud owner of a bottle of Amore Mio and it's fabulous. Would definitely eat here again.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,061)

Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

Stopped by here for a quick bite to eat. Not cheap but location probably demands that. Had some burritos, good size and tasty. They seemed to have a good selection of meats and fish on the grill if one were tempted to splash out a bit.
Service was also good and menu in English for the non Spanish speakers. For what and where it is I think it's a decent restaurant and can be recommended.

Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Our dinner was great! We had a party of 9 and Galindo treated us so well. We ordered so much but what stuck out was the volcano nachos, fish tacos, steak, the stuffed jalapenos, and guacamole.

The drinks were really well made as well! Definitely would come back!

Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

We came here for breakfast while visiting the city. My husband and I both had breakfast burritos. They were delicious. We were staying at an all inclusive and the food was kind of bland. I am so glad we decided to stop here. The burritos were huge and had an amazing red sauce on them. Open air restaurant, so it was a little warm but they had the fans blowing. I would definitely recommend this place.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

This restaurant is a good easy reasonable priced place to eat for the whole family. It is always full of customers and is a nice place to eat with great customer service