“Worst service ever”

Media Luna
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 19 March 2010

What a bummer that we picked this place for our last night in Playa. Total disappointment. The service was condescending and distracted.

1  Thank eurojamie04

Reviewed 18 March 2010

We were totally underwhelmed by this restaurant. Our server was rude, the food was below average and the price was way too high given the quality. We ordered a pasta and seafood dish. The "seafood" included tiny bits of unidentifiable scraps and the flavor was non-existent. The pasta was watery and tasteless. The wine was bad. The server actually yelled at another employee while standing at our table. When he wasn't yelling he was watching the pedestrians or otherwise ignoring us. The bill was ridiculously high given that there are many better restaurants in Playa with great food and great service. Skip this one!

Reviewed 14 March 2010

we liked it but will not go back based on cost, if money was not an issue we would go back again.

Reviewed 19 February 2010

After wandering 5th Ave one night, my partner and I ended up at Media Luna. The host was wonderful, showing us to one of the best tables (upstairs, looking out over the street). He was very attentive. The food (linguine with shrimp, lobster, spinach and olive oil) was fabulous - one of the best meals I had while in Mexico. It was a bit pricey though - around $20US.

The drinks were very reasonably priced for their size (around $6 for a margarita, but it was the size of a soup bowl and must have contained at least three shots of tequila). The only letdown was the waiter - he was grumpy, and it took forever to receive our bill at the end (we finally asked, at least 20 minutes after our plates were taken).

All in all, it was a great experience - we were tempted to return before we left, but didn't have time.

Reviewed 10 February 2010

My husband and I just returned from our 8th trip to Playa Del Carmen. We always have eaten at Media Luna and enjoyed the atmosphere, food and service This time we thought we were going to have the same experience. but were shocked with the terrible service we received from our waiter. He was very rude and hardly acknowleged our presence at the table. When we presented our coupon for one free maragrita and my husband had ordered a glass of wine, he got angry and said the coupon is NOT good for wine orders; only for a maragrita. We explained we knew that and that I was going to be the one to order the maragrita. Well he brings the wine and completely forgot my order.

When our food came, he slams dowen our plates without saying nothing and leaves. Never came back to see if everything was ok and if we needed more drinks, water etc. After several attempts to get our check, he slams down our bill and leaves the table.

I am emailing the company and explaining what happened. We use to rave about Media Luna but never again will we give them our money. In my book, service comes first before the food.

1  Thank TravelLadySt_Paul