“Great Dive Trip”
Review of Geofish Dive

Geofish Dive
More attraction details
Owner description: Geofish Dive is located on the corner of 1st Avenue and 10th Street. We cater to small groups taking no more than 6 divers out at a time. We are dedicated to giving our customers a personal service not found at other dive shops. Geofish offers PADI scuba courses up to Dive Master, as well as daily snorkeling trips, and fishing trips.
Tampa, Florida
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Great Dive Trip”
Reviewed 21 July 2012

My friends and I just returned from PDC and diving with Geofish. Christa set up a great itinerary of dives including reef/cenote/night adventures. The guides and boat staff were fantastic. She even coordinated a whale shark snorkel for us out of Cancun. Would recommend for everyone from advanced to novice divers.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank bamajeremy

Grand Rapids, Michigan
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Safe, Flexible, Friendly Drive shop”
Reviewed 27 March 2012

My wife and I had a great time Scuba Diving with Geofish during our last trip to Playa Del Carmen. The staff is extremely knowledgably, friendly, and genuinely concerned about your safety and comfort.

We ended up needing to cancel our last dive trip of the week, and were given a full refund with no questions asked.

Great experience! Will Come Back!

Visited March 2012
2 Thank Disinence2
Montreal, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Jonathan and Tabatha proved to be the best instructors and guides for first timers and scuba diving lovers!”
Reviewed 4 March 2012

We booked this scuba diving activity through Playa Del Carmen Tours for our 12 year old, and ourselves. It was my son's and myself first time at scuba diving and my husband's fifth time. Jonathan, our instructor, fluent in five languages (French, English, Spanish, Dutch and Italian) has numerous years of exprience in scuba diving and it showed. He gave us sufficient time in the pool to learn the basic techniques and was very thorough in his explanations. Once we were at sea, on the boat, ready to dive...I totally freaked out...afraid of the unknown, afraid of the big fish we may encounter. But right away, Jonathan and Tabatha knew how to make me forget about my fears and surrender to the pleasures of scuba diving. They were simply extraordinary, very professional, efficient and safe. Needless to say that we all went for a second dive without any hesitation. Needless to say that we very much enjoyed scuba diving with Geofish Dive and their staff. Thanks again Jonathan and Tabatha for making sure we had the opportunity to discover the beauties of the sea! We are planning to go scuba diving again with Geofish Dive the next time we are in Mexico!

Visited February 2012
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“fantastic experience”
Reviewed 15 January 2012

Krista and her gang at Geofish provided us with an excellent diving experience. We felt that they were attentive, safety conscious, and knowledgeable. If we go back to PDC we would dive with them again!

Visited December 2011
1 Thank Dman01
New York City, New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Still great dives and under a new owner!”
Reviewed 11 December 2011

I just finished loading my new photos from a shark dive I did today with GeoFish! Sharks?! Yup! My fiance and I started our day late but wanted to get in a dive. So we headed to Playa in hopes of hopping on a dive trip.

I had a wonderful experience doing certification dives there but had a delay with actually receiving my card and posted a review before on TripAdvisor. Despite receiving my card late and having some communication issues, I was willing to use this company again because I had a great time on the trips. We came to find out that GeoFish actually changed ownership since then. Christa (Krista?) is now the new owner. She is from the States and it was easy to communicate with her. She was super friendly and forthright about everything. She also made it very clear that she runs a very honest business. She seemed very "on it" and had awesome suggestions for group tours and trips to Cozumel.

Our dive leader was Angy, who was a very sweet and safety-conscious (which is VERY comforting when you're on a shark dive, right?) She did a thorough briefing. The guys on the boat were helpful with our equipment.

Our dive trips were to include a shark site and a shallow dive. We didn't end up seeing sharks the first time we went down because it so happened that another dive company was feeding them. Angy gave us the option to choose whether we would like to go down again or go on to the shallow dive. We were super stoked to see sharks so we were fine with going down. I thought that was pretty cool. You can't expect companies to guarantee you to see turtles or sharks or whatnot on specific dives. I'm glad that we chose to go down because this time we saw 3 or 4 bull sharks that circled around us. It was so amazing to see these beautiful creatures. I felt like we could always see reefs but this was an awesome treat. Not only do you have to wait for the shark season, but as I wrote before, you aren't always guaranteed to see them. I heard that a group of divers from some other company from the morning were not able to see the sharks. I say, take the chance and go!

I was pretty tired out from just those dives, which surprised me since we were not too active during them. But boy was I happy that all we had to do was leave the equipment outside their place. Angy and other staff members took care of everything from there.

If you're looking for a good dive outfit for basic dive trips to shark dives, look into this place. I'm sure there will be great things in store for GeoFish under new ownership. Best wishes, Krista!

Visited December 2011