“great fresh food”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I found this by mistake and wished I had found it sooner. I am staying in a bed and breakfast hotel during a business trip and it was getting tiresome figuring out what to do for food at lunch time and for dinner. This place makes the best sandwiches and salads and have some lovely banana bread and carrot cake - with lots more on the menu to try. I had today a big salad and fresh juice for just 118 pesos.
Since I found it I have been back almost every day, you cannot beat the quality and freshness of the food, and healthy too of course. Their fresh fruit juices are also fantastic.
it is located in the Centro Maya shopping centre which is opposite the Playacar entrance. They do take away and they do also deliver.

1  Thank Dawn B
HOTBakingC0, Director de Relaciones Públicas at HOT Casual Food, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

We're glad you liked what you had from our menu. We really hope to have you back in Playa del Carmen and don't forget to visit us! Hope you had a pleasant business trip, and are glad you had a good meal with us.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

Most fresh salads (and all products) and everything else on their menu was VERY tasty.
This place works only till 5PM

1  Thank Shushit
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Went here today and we had

1 Espresso @ 20 pesos
2 Capuccino @ 25 pesos each
1 Americano @ 20 pesos

1 Toasted English Muffin with butter and jam @ 20 pesos
1 Toasted Bagel with butter and nutella @ 35 pesos
1 Cinnamon roll @ 35 pesos

The Espresso and Capuccinos were very good but the Americano was just standard filter coffee instead of a shot and hot water on the side.

The Muffin and the Bagel were as good as ones that we have had in Europe although I would have like to have them more toasted but that's my just personal preference.
The Cinnamon roll wasn't a roll but a bun/brioche with lots of melted cinnamon/butter on top. Very yummy but not what one might except a Cinnamon roll to be.

Service was very pleasant and friendly and we didn't feel pressured to leave once we had finished our coffees.

Calle Corazon is a lovely place just off 5th to sit and rest away from the main drag.

We will be back to try out some of the other offerings on the menu such as the sandwiches and juices.

1  Thank charliehonk
Reviewed 13 June 2013

I went with my sister, niece and daughter (babies under 6 months). Walking up to the restaurant I had low expectations. It looks like nothing special. It was really hot and humid and we were lucky to have large fans flowing on us. Service was excellent and food was amazing. We had enchiladas made with corn tortillas (happy me since I can't have gluten). Food came fast, was fresh, and very tasty. I definitely would return.

Reviewed 6 June 2013

MMMMM fresh baked bread and pastries...good coffee...great service. A very good breakfast spot or just to pickup fresh baked goods.

1  Thank Yucatandan2010