“Underwhelmed”

Price range: US$14 - US$56
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Alessandro and his staff are glad to offer you a great quality in a friendly place, where you can enjoy a lot of delicious recipes prepared with the taste of the real traditional Italian cooking.
Hudson, Wisconsin
“Underwhelmed”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I and my sons (ages 13 & 15) ended up going to Casa Mediterranea because we couldnt find another place we had been looking for. We should have kept looking!
Although my boys thought the food was good (they also love Kraft Mac & Cheese) I was very disappointed, especially when I saw the TA reveiws.
Everything we ordered was extremely oversalted and the pasta was overcooked.
The service was adequate at best.
I would equate Casa Mediterranea with the Olive Garden chain.
Maybe it was an off night, but from what was passed off as bruschetta to the pasta it was a very disappointing dinner.

• Visited March 2014

Queretaro City, Mexico
“Amazing”
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

If you are looking for an authentic italian restaurant Casa Mediterranea is your best option. Great service. Great taste.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Romantic and delicious!”
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

I meant to write this review sooner - we were there just two weeks ago and it was fabulous from start to finish. Service was impeccable, food was outstanding (tuna carpaccio was the best!) and the atmosphere was so lovely and romantic! We can't wait to go back again on our next trip. Thank. You Maria and Mauricio.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Kim T
Green Brook, NJ
“a gem not to be missed”
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

Off the main drag of fifth ave...not to be missed Fabrizio and Luca run a great place..chicken with green olives and brown whiskey sauce was outstanding so was the malbec wines. We had 2 bottles. Good value about $55 us per person 4 appys 4 dinners 2 bottles of wine

Visited April 2014
Norwalk, Ct.
“12 YEARS LATER”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Still THE BEST food in PLAYA. I can no longer call it a hidden gem, when so many people know of this fine establishment. Their TAGLIATA, a thinly sliced seared Filet Mignon drizzled with hot rosemary accented olive oil is to be held high amongst the best dishes being served today, anywhere. I bow to the Kitchen Staff, Mary, Maurizio, Luca & Lucas for serving me such outstanding dinners over the last 12 years.

• Visited April 2014