“Not bad at all... in fact, some real good sushi!”
Review of Sushi Ken

Sushi Ken
Ranked #810 of 1,311 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I had not hope of finding good sushi in Playa after my past experiences. I've been 5 times and never had any that was above mediocre. I cannot figure out for the life of me, why they insist on putting cream cheese in all their rolls!?!??

I had to have my sushi fix after 1 1/2 weeks of Mexican and steak though, so we tried Ken out. IT was 2 for 1 roll night and very busy, but I was very pleasantly surprised by how hard the menu followed a good old fashioned Japanese menu. I ordered all options, that avoided cream cheese, and I have to say the yellow tail & tuna sashimi was some of the best I've ever had! Likewise the salmon maki was amazing! Some of the other rolls were so so, but these 3 made up for them and then some!

I've been eating Japanese for 30 years and know good fish... go for the simplest Yellow Tail, Tuna, & Salmon sashimi or maki.

Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

Not good.... I Never write reviews, but the sushi was not good. Should have listened to other reviewers. It was cheap, though, thankfully, because we only ate 30% of what we ordered and had to eat again later.

1  Thank HDusha
Reviewed 7 September 2013

In general, sushi in Mexico isnt so good... In comparison to other sushi places in the country, sushi ken is good, but still average in general.
They have many promotions that enable you to have a good meal for a very low price, especially for playa del carmen, so if you are looking for a nice meal for a low price - this is a good option.

Reviewed 27 May 2013

A great place to eat sushi and very reasonable prices! I went three times during my stay in playa del carmen. I recommend hot roll, hawaiian roll, and the fried tofu (forgot the name) is a must! It would of been great to have one of these places in Tijuana.

Reviewed 17 April 2013

We found this place by mistake and wanted something other than mexican. We ended up eating at Sushi Ken 2 times more in our stay. Great menu variety, very fresh ingredients and was amazed by the low cost of the bill. Recommended!!