“Wonderful food... the best in Playa”

Cockteleria Manigua
Ranked #498 of 1,305 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 19 September 2012

We were turned onto this Mariscaria from a local diver in Playa and it was the best find on this trip. They are famous for their whole fish (in the Red Snapper family) but also found gems like crab stuffed avocado salad, the Seafood Canoe (a hollowed out pineapple filled with fresh seafood, pineapple and seafood as well as seafood chimichangas. Ask for Limbert the waiter who is so kind, thoughtful and a joy to spend time! Also wonderful is the shrimp soup that each patron receives for dinner and the wines are actually really good and well priced. We have already eaten there 2 time and plan to eat there our last night as a finale celebration!

1  Thank BethanyNOLA
There are newer reviews for Cockteleria Manigua

Reviewed 10 September 2012

We liked everything we had. the fish stufffed pineapple dish (that I cant pronounce) Shrimp tacos, Ceviche Manigua. Everything was amazing. Its toward the end of 5th ave on 40th. But well worth it.

2  Thank Rudoinfo
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Sought out this out of the way cocteleria because of the reviews. We were the only table on a Friday night which was scary. The service was very good and the staff and owner very helpful with the menu but the food was covered in very heavy sauces masking what was otherwise probably good seafood. The coconut shirimp was coated in a soggy and VERY sweet batter and served with an even sweeter mango salsa.

Reviewed 9 June 2012

This is by far the best ceviche I've had in a long while, and very affordable. Super fresh and perfectly seasoned. I'll keep going back whenever I visit.

Reviewed 16 April 2012

This restaurant was recommended by a local, to get away from 5th. It was a great surprise. I had the daily filet of fish topped with octopus, shrimp, calamari with a cream and mushroom sauce. My sister ordered shrimp with bacon and cheese. Each shrimp was individually wrapped in CRISP bacon -gorgeous and delicious. My husband ordered the pineapple baked with fish, octopus, shrimp, and cheese. My dish was rich and delicious.

A table next to us ordered the octopus bowl and whole fried fish for two and I was envious. Next time, I will go back twice!!!

The owner came to our table and showed us a picture book of his menu items so we could make the right selection.

Each dish came with bread, salad, shrimp broth,

The owner made the whole experience for us - he made us feel as if we were eating at his home. Please go and support this local business.