“Worth the walk.”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Drumheller, Canada
“Worth the walk.”
Reviewed 21 March 2013

It's kind of an out of the way place, like at the FAR north end of 5th ave. on 40th street. But, like Cheesters, I like any place where the owner of the restaurant approaches your table, and suggests things off the menu, asks how you like it, and tells your to come again, as you are now "family".

Visited March 2013
1 Thank octaneboost

chicagometro
“Delicious!”
Reviewed 10 March 2013

To die for tuna tacos! The best food of my entire trip! A bit out of the way, but well worth the trip. My friends ate here 5 times on their vacation!

Visited February 2013
1 Thank ChicagometroRetro
Lac du Bonnet, Canada
“Top notch!”
Reviewed 9 March 2013

We were greeted by the owner when we arrived. service, food and presentation were top notch. My husband had the coconut shrimp and he says they are the best he has ever had. very affordable prices. bathrooms and kitchen were very clean. We will definitely be back.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Wannabejuan
Coleman, Wisconsin
“Here, I am a seafood fan.”
Reviewed 27 February 2013

Unless you don't like fish, choose anything on the menu and you may write your own five star review. We were told of this restaurant by vacation friends Tom and Barb and I'm happy they did.

It must be a new restaurant. It would be a haunting thought to think we had missed it before this year. Yes, there is a giant plastic red shrimp in front of the restaurant but that's only meaningful if the camarones tasted like plastic and they don't

There is one dish called 'Don't forget' that is shrimp and slivers of vegetables wrap in bacon then grilled and covered in melted cheese. Try it. you won't forget. I ordered this once and the waiter asked me if I wanted the large shrimp. I said no as the price was a bit higher but now I wonder, as the shrimp I did get were three inches plus.

And half the time we missed out on the pineapple ice cream as they had run out and only replenished once a week. The coconut ice cream was almost as good though. Both were served in bowls made of their respective fruit.

I'm usually not a fish or seafood fan. I live in Wisconsin and fresh seafood is rare or expensive, if it's good. This restaurant is not expensive and the dishes are very inventive and have balanced tastes. The seafood must be fresh, the way it tastes.

Here, I am a seafood fan.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank lordbear73
TEXANN00
“So good we ate here twice!”
Reviewed 27 January 2013

Stayed nearby over Christmas holiday and were lucky to eat here twice. The fish tacos are absolutely fabulous. Had the coconut shrimp and wasn't a fan of the sauce. My son said the coconut shrimp was Texas state fair food. Lots of sweet! I think the shrimp need a spicy sauce. We had good service both nights. We will be back again.

• Visited December 2012