We had a nice family vacation with our daughter who was 7 months at the time. First off, if you're going to upgrade your room make sure to do it before you get there. We tried but we kept getting the run around so in return we paid double then what we would have if they would have done it before. This was on them and not who we booked through. Which brings me to their customer service. Customer service while we were there was fantastic but before and after the worst we've ever had. It's a shame too because we just booked our next vacation and would have went back if it weren't for that. Maybe next year if they do ever make it up to us.
Anyway, we got there and of course went through the upgrade which since we didn't have it scheduled already we had to wait past check in time which is 3 and our daughter was already grouchy so that made for a loooong day. Once we got to our room they had everything ready for us including all of our daughters stuff which was really nice. We ordered room service which did take an hour but it was good. The Asian restaurant took 3 hours and we ended up having to leave before we were able to eat our meal. The Italian was really good, we ate there 2 times. I'm not sure why people are complaining about getting drinks, there were bars situated throughout the resort. One BIG disappointment of the resort was that there aren't any ocean view or ocean front rooms. This resort is not for anyone that has a physical handicap as there is a lot of walking to and from places but we didn't mind that so much. All of the workers were great and worked very hard. We gave the guys pops who were working with the landscaping a lot. Oh, the bug fumigation is crazy! It sounds like a big leaf blower and the smoke raises all the way to the top of the buildings. We made sure that when we heard it we were inside or one time we had to start running with our daughter in the stroller the opposite way. Yes, I'm sure that was funny to see and I'm sure some people got a kick out of it but I wasn't about to let my daughter breath that crap in. I will say that we didn't have any bugs outside too bad, inside we only had a couple. I love the concept of the Azuls being family friendly but they just need a few things to work on. This was our 4th resort that we've been to in Mexico and 7th all inclusive and like I said before we would have returned if it weren't for the customer service before and after. That says a lot about a company.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 10 minutes from charming Playa del Carmen, Azul Fives Hotel is noted for enormous suites designed for families and friends with up to three bedrooms with rooftop decks. Activities and special experiences foster togetherness for families, couples and groups of friends. The 360-suite hotel offers the renowned Gourmet Inclusive® concept, as well as flexible meal plan options to suit all agendas. Private barbecues highlight family activities, and the Kid’s Club sponsored by Fisher-Price® caters to children. Rooftop Weddings inspire soon-to-be-married couples. The 24-hour room service and full-service concierge ensure memorable vacations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Ebookers so you can book your Azul Beach Resort The Fives Playa Del Carmen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Azul Fives By Karisma Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Azul Beach Resort The Fives Playa Del Carmen Mexico/Riviera Maya