“Excellente place to stay amazing amazing amazing”

Azul Beach Resort The Fives Playa Del Carmen
Ranked #58 of 216 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Just returned from a 2week holiday 30/9/13-14/10/13 here at the azul fives hotel. ..what can I say this place is amazing. From the minute we got off the plane I must admit the airport is mad and did put me off a bit but after that from getting on the couch to getting to the hotel the rep was great and put us at ease. On the way to the hotel I must be honest when we were on the road to hotel I did think " oh no where am I staying" as the road is bumpy and seems isolated but as soon as we pulled up outside hotel I was AMAZED. The staff from beginning were very courteous and kind and helpful. Check in was very fast and efficient and helpful. The porter then took us to our room which was fab. As it was my 40th birthday I was greeted to bottles of champagne, balloons and glitter all over the bedspread which was a lovely surprise. We did have an issue with the patio door which we reported and was acted on promptly and although it was never really fixed properly after several reports I still felt safe. The hotel grounds are clean and beautiful and the wildlife is great to see too. The maids are in everyday and work so hard and all the staff are very friendly and always smiling. The food is amazing a lot of choice the Asian restaurant and sea olive restaurant was my favourite but all food was served to u hot and presented excellently. All waiters were friendly and seemed glad to serve you. 24hr room service too was great had to wait a little but what do you expect in the early hours. The spa is also fab and staff equally as amazing especially the hydrotherapy pools. The pools were fab the infinity pool was amazing always something going on there in the day. The animation team were amazing too Louis, victor, sadie and marcy were fab so kind and friendly and always smiling. Pool towels were always available from Ricardo the friendly helper. The evening entertainment was great too from salsa band to Michael Jackson impersonator who was great. The sky bar is a great nite time drinking bar the staff are amazing especially Alex and jadira who couldn't do enough for you.
All I can say this place is fab and I'm hoping to return again soon as I had the best holiday ever. I would recommend this place to all.

Room Tip: Double deluxe or the junior suite are great size all a/c
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank charlieLiverpool
Write a ReviewReviews (7,091)

Reviewed 17 October 2013

My sister and I vacationed here this month. The resort is beautiful. Just the right size for me. Had 2-4 dining options per meal, which was great. The rooms are INCREDIBLE, even though we spent very little time there. The Gourmet Inclusive option was the way to go. Nearly EVERYTHING was included. It wasn't too busy while we were there, so we never waited too long for anything (except maybe lunch at the grill). The service was outstanding. Everyone with whom we came into contact was incredibly friendly, courteous and sincere. By the end of our stay, people genuinely knew us by name. The beach was beautiful. We walked up and down it, and ours was by far the nicest in the area. I would LOVE to go back there.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 16 October 2013

My friends and I stayed at Azul Fives Hotel October 5-12, 2013. From the moment we arrived, the staff and environment was incredible! Juan met us at the van with a smile to take all our bags and patiently waited while we checked in. He drove us to our room and carried all the bags up for us, even taking the time to get us settled by answering any questions we had. He continued the great service at times when we needed transportation and was always ready to help with anything we needed. At check in, Ivan greeted us with a smile and gave us incredible, friendly service. Throughout our stay, the bartenders and wait staff treated us all as though we were the only people they had to wait on - personal service always with a smile. Regardless of where we were, the service was the same - exceptional. Rafael, Marcos, Abraham, Dario, and Elizabeth to name a few were wonderful! Bonds were created with these wonderful people even in the short time we stayed there. One of my friends celebrated her birthday while there, and the staff all made it extra special with each place we went to doing something special for her. There are always activities for the guests and the activities staff is superb. Marcy would meet us with her beautiful smile and would urge us to participate. She also was great about keeping us informed of upcoming activities. These types of activities not only get guests involved with the staff, but they also allowed us to be involved with other guests. The rooms were keep very clean and any needs we had were met almost immediately. Each villa is assigned a Concierge person. Ours was Sylvia and from the moment we met her, we were made to feel welcome and as though she had been a friend for years! She was very informative and did everything possible to insure we had all that we needed to be comfortable during our stay. Even walking through the resort, the various staff always greeted us with a smile and an "Hola!" From the moment we arrived to the morning we left, it was all a positive, enjoyable experience and we have already begun planning next year's trip to Azul Fives Hotel.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Took my son down for fall break. Great place with great service. The restaurants were perfect. Bars had anything you need. Ran into familiar faces Walter made us feel right at home. The pools were clean and heated. This is best time of the year to visit no crowd. We stayed in one bedroom penthouse beautiful well stocked with beverages and food. Room service was also great. Thanks Ana Paula
The sales teem at Prestige Travelers were top notch and friendly. You need more people like Anthony,Pablo,and Marleen they make you feel great to own a membership. Exotic/Prestige needs more people like this to run the program. Can't wait to go back! Tim

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We stayed for one week with our 11-month old for our Sky Deck wedding with 51 guests. What a great, clean, friendly and peaceful resort! The family amenities are awesome... Toys in restaurants, toys & strollers to borrow during your entire stay, a kid's center with scheduled activities and babysitting during after hours (First Aid/CPR trained staff at Azulitos Maribel, Erika, & Sandra are great) and super accommodating staff at every level of the resort. All (except 1 or 2) of my guests were extremely happy and I can't highly recommend the on-site wedding team (Yuritzi & Cristina) and concierge enough. So calm, helpful and friendly- they made our stay feel like home. The food was very good for an all-inclusive resort (fresh, mostly flavorful and great presentation). The rooms are modern and spacious (we stayed in the penthouse suite). Azul Fives is just the right mix of privacy and seclusion and a separate, fun atmosphere type area (near the beach/main pool area). Great, great resort. Very happy with the staff, my wedding, our reception, the amenities and our stay in general.

Room Tip: The Penthouse Suite is worth it- the rooftop is awesome (grill, couches, hot tub, etc.)
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank tmm4981
Reviewed 14 October 2013

This is the best hotel/beach holiday i have ever had in my life time. Im hoping to return again in May 2014.

Arrival was excellent with cold towels and refreshments waiting at reception. Check in was quick however had to change rooms due to being given a room facing the monkey tree !
Once changed we had an amazing room and view.

Everything about this place is 5* from the Bars, Restaurants, Food, Pools, Even rooms service.

The only small downside was there wasn't anywhere to sit and have a drink in the evening other than outside the main bar where the entertainment was held. If a quite bar/area was added this would bring the hotel to 100% however it stands at 99.9 %

We loved it and cant wait to return.

Room Tip: Dont be in the shaded dark room next to the Monkey Tree ..lol
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank miss_happy35
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Me and 3 girlfriends stayed here 10/5/13-10/12/13. This resort is beautiful, very clean, and family friendly. During the week we all bonded with many of the staff, from bartenders to waiters to managers to activity directors. They all made us fee like family. I loved that you had the choice of being at the beach or at the pool or both.There are activities during the day at the beach/infinity pool area and shows/activities a night at the beach or theater. If you like Sushi, Tsuki restaurant has the best I have ever tasted. 24 hour room service was great for the mornings we excursions so we could get breakfast before we left. I have nothing negative to say about this Resort. Staff that made our stay perfect: Rafeal, Ivan, Marcy, Juan, Marcos, Abraham, Elizabeth, and Darios. We are already making plans to go back again next year. Highly recommend this resort for anyone who wants an all inclusive. You will not be sorry you chose to stay with Azul Five Playa del Carmen.

1  Thank Shelley K
Petit Lafitte
Petit Lafitte
#8 of 216 in Playa del Carmen
Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda
Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Es...
#33 of 216 in Playa del Carmen
Azul Beach Resort Sensatori Mexico

Been to Azul Beach Resort The Fives Playa Del Carmen? Share your experiences!