The Fives Azul Beach Resort Playa Del Carmen
Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya(Playa del Secreto)(Great Value!)
US$397
US$318
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
The Royal Playa del Carmen(Playa del Carmen)
US$423
Melia.com
US$656
US$506
BlueBay
Grand Velas Riviera Maya(Playa del Carmen)
US$1,076
US$551
US$723
HotelsClick
7,780 results
All reviewsgin barla brasserieinfinity pooloka sushiflavours restaurantessence sectionbedroom sky suitesea oliveprestige memberspool butlersthe cantinaspider monkeysroom servicekids clubgourmet inclusivefull kitchenpoolside grill
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 August 2014

My name is Mayra and I’m a travel consultant who back in March of 2014 visited your hotels on a FAM trip. Because I was in love with your properties so much, I decided to bring my family to your hotel on June 27,2014 for seven nights. Upon my arrival the check in was amazing, we were greeted very warmly and the process was quick.

I was then taken to my room where I was very disappointed because the baby stuff was not set up properly. So I called my personal concierge. He then followed up with me right away and everything was placed in order quickly. I was very happy that this was resolved very quickly.

My biggest issue came when I was at the restaurant Flavors where I was denied a bottle of water to prepare my baby’s formula. I was very upset and disappointed . I would think that in an establishment of this kind they wouldn’t deny a bottle of water especially when traveling with an infant.

I have to say that besides those inconveniences that I had, my family and I had a great time. The kids club is great and the teen club is excellent. The pool butlers are excellent. The hotel is kept up very nicely. The pool is clean and refreshing. The food is to die for.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank joshandmimi
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

We had an absolute blast at Azul Fives. By far the best food at any all-inclusive I have been to and I have been to a lot!! Great service! Rooms were Amazing two jacuzzis one rooftop and one in room! Great beach as well!

• Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank Proman360
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Nice hotel near to the beach, comfortably and modern suites, my family was happy. The staff was perfect, the check in and the check out was quickly. I definitively recommend it. Its near from Playa del Carmen and its night life

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank Geovanni N
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Entertainment, bartenders terrific; specifically, appreciate Diego, Manuel, Victor, Marina, Ime but sad to report Ivan, Walter (concierges) & Marisol absolute fail: disrespectful & lacking any customer service. Be warned of any wine offering at dinner - they have an up charge & will continue pouring without notice of not being an all inclusive fee. Food wise, breakfast good, as is general Mediterranean restaurant. Italian restaurant was good but ripped off on wine. Asian restaurant was awful. Feeling frustrated upon leaving & sad damper was placed on vacation due to front desk staff & concierges.

• Stayed: August 2014
9  Thank Summash
KarismaHotelsResorts, General Manager at The Fives Azul Beach Resort Playa Del Carmen, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Thank you for your recent review and we appreciate your feedback. it is disappointing to receive such comment , especially after addressing your issues at the hotel.

Each restaurant we have a list of all wines that are including in the Karisma Gourmet experience and we also have extensive selection of wines for purchase, both lists are presented by your waiter when seated.

During your dinner at Arezzo your party ordered a bottle from the wines for purchased , the charge was accepted and during the meal , the waiter was asked for 5 more bottles , each one has a charge. At the end of your meal , like any other restaurant , a bill was presented for the consumption of the bottles. the following day the owners club manager , Marisol , met with you to discuss the dispute of these charges and explained that the wine list clearly states that additional charges apply and that no bottle is included in the Gourmet Experience.

unfortunately we could not honor your request to remove the charges for the wine and subsequently we see you carried out your threat , writing this review on trip advisor.

again , we are truly very sorry you were not agreed with the charges however our concierge and front desk teams had to process the charge for your comsumption at Arezzo .

Best Regards

Mario Mathieu
gm@azulfiveshotel.com

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Just come home from 2 weeks at Azul Fives with my husband and daughter. The resort is beautiful, with fabulous suites - we upgraded to a Sky Suite and it was worth every penny. The maid service was superb, would have helped if they could speak a little more English at times. Any problems we had were sorted straight away. And to have all-inclusive room service was an added extra touch!

All in all the restaurants were amazing, only exception was the service in Sea Olive. All the staff were so friendly, and willing to take most requests outside of the ordinary. In particular Ernesto was fabulous, he made us feel at home.

The swimup bars at the pools were great, and we ate at Palmas and Lizards regularly. Aracelli and Marcos at Lizards bar became great friends and we had a great time with them.

On the whole the entertainment was great fun, especially Alex and Diego - they enjoy their work far too much! My daughter and I did the aqua-aerobics and dance lessons and they were hilarious! My only criticism would be that the hotel needs a family bar with music, as Zky Bar struggles for atmosphere.

The waiter service poolside and beachside was fabulous, we felt like everything we could need was always taken care of.

Finally, my favourite place for a morning smoothie - Kafeina. The huge selection was great, especially after a morning gym session! Julio served me with a great personality every morning (I feel like I lived in there!)

We felt like we made some fantastic friends at Azul Fives, and that's what makes this such a special place. I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to treat themselves to somewhere special.

Room Tip: We stayed in Villa 1, on the top floor. If you can afford the extra it is well worth it, a huge sun area and outdoor Jacuzzi. The sunsets from here looked amazing.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family