“Mexican Paradise”

Azul Beach Resort The Fives Playa Del Carmen
Ranked #58 of 216 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We stayed here for a month in July 2014. I arrived first with my two boys aged 11 and 8, my husband arrived after a couple of weeks. We stayed in a flat with master bedroom plus kitchen/dining/living area and the additional double bedroom. This is our third stay at this hotel. One reason we like it is the size of the rooms. There is a lot of space which is great and the flats are clean and modern. We did self catering for three weeks and there is a corner shop a 10 min walk from hotel or you can get a taxi to supermarket and they'll wait and bring you home. However, we did eat in the hotel too. The buffet breakfast is very good with something for everyone, the snack bars offer good lunch choices, some Mexican and some of the more usual burgers, pizzas etc. The evening buffet is good too or you can book to eat at the Italian/Japanese or Mediterranean restaurants. We enjoyed going out for more local food then.
The hotel facilities are great. There are two huge pools in the middle of all the flats. Our flat overlooked one pool and it was always quite quiet, there was always a sunbed available too. However, for those who like more action, the infinity pool by the beach offers water aerobics, volleyball etc. The beach is lovely and the sea quite calm usually, so good for children. The kids club is good and offers a variety of activities. There is also a dive centre which can arrange snorkelling from the hotel which was fantastic or scuba diving trips from a beach about 30 mins away. There is a ceramic painting stall too for those who want to be creative.
The spa is a very relaxing place. The new gym is a good size and has a fair bit of equipment. There are also a couple of shops for souvenirs etc. The hotel has kept as much of the natural surroundings as possible, so there are lots of tropical plants, trees etc. You can see iguanas everywhere and if you're lucky you'll spy the resident spider monkeys.
Obviously, the hotel works so well due to the staff who are all very friendly, helpful and seem to work non-stop. I would like to say a special thank you to Josue on reception and Marcos and Jose at Las Palmas Bar (I miss the limonada del dia). Also, thanks to the butlers Enrique, Ivan and Walter. Finally, thank you Gaby for keeping our flat clean and tidy.
I would recommend this place to anyone but especially families. It's only 10 mins drive to Playa and offers a very relaxing holiday. We'll be heading back next Easter.

Room Tip: Choose room with view of pool.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank lockettorres
Write a ReviewReviews (7,090)

Reviewed 15 August 2014

I had an amazing time here at Azul! The staff was exceptional!! Manuel from entertainment always kept me hyped up and ready to play sports and participate in all the activities! Great motivator to help you participate in the activities ^_^. I loved my bartenders such as Santiago, Enrique, Israel, and Carlitos! Some of the staff that was also curtious and helpful were Macbeth, Candy, Bill, Nefi, Diego and much more!

I would not hesitate to come stay at this hotel again :) thank you for making my stay memorable!!

4  Thank TamaraRod27
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I love the place, I was amazed by the ecology approach and consideration to the environment ....excellent courtesy from the personnel at the resort ...I remember with a great smile and service from Araceli and Marcos at the Palms Bar and Eloy at the Flavours Restaurant...thanks for making me feel so welcome ...hope to go again soon

2  Thank VivMIA
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

After 3 busy weeks travelling around in Mexico & Guatemala , finished we in Azul Fives Hotel. Just a few days to relax and come to ourselfs, because of all the stuff who works all night and day very hard had we a very pleasant stay! The stuff were all very kind and interested in you. Aspecially Victor from the animation was very kind and had a lot of fun with him! He did his job very well, he made my stay much more nicer! Also Manuel from the animation was very funny and had a lot of fun with those guys! You could see that everybody tried so hard to make it for you comfortable!

2  Thank Nina V
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Azul Fives is beyond beautiful. I am planning on coming back with my family. I love how Fisher Price is a part of Azul, making the resort family friendly and gives plenty of options for the adults to still take advantage of the all inclusive perks. This place, with all it's glamour, would be nothing without the staff. I personally would like to thank and recommend Marina (from the pool bar), Alexander (from Gin Bar), and Jimmy and Daniel (from the restaurants). I would also like to thank staff and security for keeping tabs on my lost phone and delivering it personally to my room. Everything was amazing!!

1  Thank chrisestrada
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Had a amazing trip at Azul Five was there from 8/8 to 8/10 had all inclusive with all my crazy friends the staff was awesome very friendly Manuel the entertainment took care of awesome dude!! Can't wait

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Chapo M
Reviewed 14 August 2014

It was our first Visit at Azul Fives it was super for my family of 5 we enjoyed every minute of it, upon our arrival Jazmin was great and patient and so polite can not stop efizising how great of an employee she is. Concierge was terrible they were not able to lend me a computer to get an email out also the way they spoke to customers not so thrilling. But overall I was delighted with the whole facility itself.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank AzucenaBall
Petit Lafitte
Petit Lafitte
#8 of 216 in Playa del Carmen
Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda
Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Es...
#33 of 216 in Playa del Carmen
Azul Beach Resort Sensatori Mexico

Been to Azul Beach Resort The Fives Playa Del Carmen? Share your experiences!