We stayed here for a month in July 2014. I arrived first with my two boys aged 11 and 8, my husband arrived after a couple of weeks. We stayed in a flat with master bedroom plus kitchen/dining/living area and the additional double bedroom. This is our third stay at this hotel. One reason we like it is the size of the rooms. There is a lot of space which is great and the flats are clean and modern. We did self catering for three weeks and there is a corner shop a 10 min walk from hotel or you can get a taxi to supermarket and they'll wait and bring you home. However, we did eat in the hotel too. The buffet breakfast is very good with something for everyone, the snack bars offer good lunch choices, some Mexican and some of the more usual burgers, pizzas etc. The evening buffet is good too or you can book to eat at the Italian/Japanese or Mediterranean restaurants. We enjoyed going out for more local food then.
The hotel facilities are great. There are two huge pools in the middle of all the flats. Our flat overlooked one pool and it was always quite quiet, there was always a sunbed available too. However, for those who like more action, the infinity pool by the beach offers water aerobics, volleyball etc. The beach is lovely and the sea quite calm usually, so good for children. The kids club is good and offers a variety of activities. There is also a dive centre which can arrange snorkelling from the hotel which was fantastic or scuba diving trips from a beach about 30 mins away. There is a ceramic painting stall too for those who want to be creative.
The spa is a very relaxing place. The new gym is a good size and has a fair bit of equipment. There are also a couple of shops for souvenirs etc. The hotel has kept as much of the natural surroundings as possible, so there are lots of tropical plants, trees etc. You can see iguanas everywhere and if you're lucky you'll spy the resident spider monkeys.
Obviously, the hotel works so well due to the staff who are all very friendly, helpful and seem to work non-stop. I would like to say a special thank you to Josue on reception and Marcos and Jose at Las Palmas Bar (I miss the limonada del dia). Also, thanks to the butlers Enrique, Ivan and Walter. Finally, thank you Gaby for keeping our flat clean and tidy.
I would recommend this place to anyone but especially families. It's only 10 mins drive to Playa and offers a very relaxing holiday. We'll be heading back next Easter.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 10 minutes from charming Playa del Carmen, Azul Fives Hotel is noted for enormous suites designed for families and friends with up to three bedrooms with rooftop decks. Activities and special experiences foster togetherness for families, couples and groups of friends. The 360-suite hotel offers the renowned Gourmet Inclusive® concept, as well as flexible meal plan options to suit all agendas. Private barbecues highlight family activities, and the Kid’s Club sponsored by Fisher-Price® caters to children. Rooftop Weddings inspire soon-to-be-married couples. The 24-hour room service and full-service concierge ensure memorable vacations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Azul Beach Resort The Fives Playa Del Carmen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Azul Fives By Karisma Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Azul Beach Resort The Fives Playa Del Carmen Mexico/Riviera Maya