Travelled with wife and 10yr old for 2 week vacation at Azul Fives through first choice.
Check in : - all went smoothly
Room :- Perfectly adequate . Good shower , hairdryer , safe , tea and coffee making facilities etc . The room attendants were great and always left little surprises like towel animals etc
Resort : - Wonderful!! Great pools , lovely well attended manicured grounds. Monkeys and lizards aplenty . Good beach with no real rock issues.
Food & Drink :- Mostly very good but when it was bad it was awful. Service around the pools was slow and half hearted despite there being many staff on hand.
The breakfasts at flavours were great. The pacific rim and Italian were best for dinner though booking them was hard work.
Concierge services were terrible and restaurant bookings were overly complicated, asking about attractions offsite they were clueless.
other things like the Gin Bar and smoothie bar were great. Cannot comment on the spa as we never used it due again to the overly complicated booking and pricing.
Our last night(a Monday) was a big disappointment as we had planned dinner at flavours. We went for our usual pre dinner cocktail at the Gin bar where we discussed flavours with the staff there(at no time did they say it was shut)Did they even know?
We arrived at flavours to find it was shut and already set up for breakfast. Then off to the Italian where we were told flavours was shut due to a water problem(big lie no.1). The resort was quiet on the Monday due to a mass check out of Americans that day.I have no problem with flavours being closed but we should have been told then we could have made alternative arrangments.
Were refused entry to the Italian as it was Monday(adults only).Another big lie as there were many children already in. Went to pacific rim, they were full?!?! No alternative but sea olive which we did not rate.
I feel that we were not treated well on our last night and should have been told about Flavours being closed. It was def. not a last minute decision!! The staff were very rude to us at all the other food outlets that night too. Left a very sour taste.
We had many other very small issues throughout our stay that added up to too many hassles. Its hard work saving all year for the perfect holiday and when things are not perfect its not nice.
Trips offsite :- Crococun , good fun for a couple or hours.
Xel Ha - Great!! got the ADO from Playa
5th Avenue shopping for trinkets. Was fun
Excursions :- Chichen Itza
Coba & Punta Laguna
Both with Martin Britto at Xcapes, recommended!! they were excellent!
Mexico was great and the 787 Dreamliner made the flight less taxing than it could have been. Would come again but not to Azul Fives.
If you are booked please do not be put off , it is a great resort and good value for money. It just could be so much better with a little more thought by management.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 10 minutes from charming Playa del Carmen, Azul Fives Hotel is noted for enormous suites designed for families and friends with up to three bedrooms with rooftop decks. Activities and special experiences foster togetherness for families, couples and groups of friends. The 360-suite hotel offers the renowned Gourmet Inclusive® concept, as well as flexible meal plan options to suit all agendas. Private barbecues highlight family activities, and the Kid’s Club sponsored by Fisher-Price® caters to children. Rooftop Weddings inspire soon-to-be-married couples. The 24-hour room service and full-service concierge ensure memorable vacations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TravelUp and Priceline so you can book your Azul Beach Resort The Fives Playa Del Carmen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Azul Fives By Karisma Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Azul Beach Resort The Fives Playa Del Carmen Mexico/Riviera Maya