We just returned from a wonderful 6 night vacation at Azul Fives. We traveled with our 2 year old and two other couples with toddlers. We have traveled to many all inclusives in the past (Sandels, couples, el cid) and this was by far the best family friendly all inclusive we have ever been to....this was the first Karisma resort we have stayed at. There are some negative reviews on Trip advisor and I have to say, I was a bit nervous the week before we left, but our experience left us wanting to return ASAP.
We stayed in a 1 bedroom suite, which was amazing! I would definitely suggest the upgrade. The room is huge and beautifully appointed with modern furniture. I wasn't bothered at all by the lighting as some other reviewers mentioned. The separate shower and tub were very nice. We had a large deck, but no view to brag about. We spent minimal time in our room, so the lack of a nice view wasn't a bother. Housekeeping did a wonderful job everyday! We used the safe for our valuables, which we always do when traveling, and we had no problems at all. I always felt perfectly safe at the resort. We didn't venture out of the resort, but the other couples we traveled with did go into Playa del Carmen and loved it.
The property is beautiful, just stunning! There is a bit of walking required, but it was nice to get the excersize. The beach is one of the most beautiful beaches I have ever seen....there is coral out in front of the resort, but all you have to do is walk 5 min down the beach to enter the water. Really no big deal! The pools are a bit on the cool side, but really just felt refreshing- definitely didn't keep any of us out of the pool because it was too cold, however, it would be nice if they were a little warmer. The swinging beach beds are awesome! You do have to reserve them, so think ahead when you arrive.
The service is amazing! We met so many nice people that work at this resort and really take pride in making your experience special: From the waiters to the smoothie maker to the beach butlers. Of course there are always exceptions, but by and large we encountered excellent service. Two occasions we waited an excessive amount of time to receive our food at Sea Olive....so we opted to do the buffet for dinner to avoid long wait times with the kids...the fajita station was delicous! The food overall was excellent! We liked Tsuki the best and probably Sea Olive the least. Flavors is great for b-fast and Lizards was handy for snacks. The drinks are so good! If you think the drinks are weak, just ask for a double and that should take care of you just perfect. We also ordered a fair amount of room service and it was tasty and speedy...often arrived much sooner than quoted. The room service waiters were so nice and often times room service would call after it was delivered to make sure everything was right.
The most impressive aspect of this resort is the family friendly amenities. The staff and resort as a whole goes out of thier way to ensure that families enjoy thier vacation. The kids club is so cute and even has toddler size toilets! Tons of fun toys and activities to keep the kids happy. Probably the only disappointment during the whole trip was the lack of access to the "My Gym" facilities. They have this beautiful room with tons of tumbling equipment, but it is locked all day except for one hour in the morning for specific age group classes...we only had access to it once during our stay. It is such a wonderful space, that it is a shame that they don't allow more access to it.
The yoga class was amazing! The teacher was really well trained. ..so fun! I also did the tennis classes every morning- Pedro was great! Night time entertainment was a little on the cheesy side, but the kids liked it. The only downside is that the night shows don't start till 9:30pm, which was too late for our little ones most nights. The gym facilities are perfectly appointed. None of us did any spa treatments, although I really wished I would have! I felt the prices too high, otherwise I would have been ther in a second.
We did bring one dollar bills to tip, but we never felt obligated to do so. Although when we did encounter excellent service (which was often), we rewarded for it and the staff was very appreciative.
All in all, a wonderful trip- go with an open and positive mindset and you will be pleased. We sure were!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 10 minutes from charming Playa del Carmen, Azul Fives Hotel is noted for enormous suites designed for families and friends with up to three bedrooms with rooftop decks. Activities and special experiences foster togetherness for families, couples and groups of friends. The 360-suite hotel offers the renowned Gourmet Inclusive® concept, as well as flexible meal plan options to suit all agendas. Private barbecues highlight family activities, and the Kid’s Club sponsored by Fisher-Price® caters to children. Rooftop Weddings inspire soon-to-be-married couples. The 24-hour room service and full-service concierge ensure memorable vacations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., TravelUp, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Azul Beach Resort The Fives Playa Del Carmen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Azul Fives By Karisma Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Azul Beach Resort The Fives Playa Del Carmen Mexico/Riviera Maya