We stayed here on our second visit to Playa del Carmen. We were at the end of four months of travelling so were looking for somewhere cheap but close to the beach and safe. We stayed in a double room, we had our own balcony which we could have beers on in the evening and watch people go by. The bathroom was ok - not the cleanest but tolerable, and beds were comfy and the room spacious. The staff were really nice, they looked after our valuables in a safe when we went out andwe had no problems with security. The kitchen was a bit of a dive, but we ate out a bit and meant we could have breakfast at the hostel (with use of the fridge and utensils etc). The hostel was also right by all the shops and restaurants that were next to the beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel de Mar is a family business Hotel with 15 rooms. Offers a pleasant rooms at economic prices .Its located just a few steps from 5th Avenue is an ideal option for those who want to stay close to all key points of Playa del Carmen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Hotel de Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maria Sabina Hotel Backpackers Playa Del Carmen
- Hotel De Mar Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen