We stayed at Ambassador. From the moment my husband and I arrived we felt catered to! The room was unbelievable. I had viewed the rooms on the internet prior to our visit, but thought, "there is no way our room will be in that category!". The room was huge and had a large jacuzzi tub and beautiful tiled shower with handheld or rain shower from the ceiling. We loved the his & her sandals and beach bag. It was ultra-all inclusive, not like any of the other all inclusives we have done in the past. Room service was included, even champagne and a fruit tray we ordered one night! The snacks & beverages in the room were included, even a bottle of Tequilla and beer. Our room was first floor and I would recommend a higher floor as we felt we missed out on the Ocean view a bit. However, our experience from past trips we knew we wouldn't be in the room all that much anyways. Our favorite day was spent at the pool in the Master section. The pool was so private, at the most there may have been 6 other people at one time. It was in the jungle and we enjoyed watching the exotic birds while in the pool. The cabanas & palm trees surrounding this pool were so beautiful, it looked like something for the Rich & Famous! The Mojitos at this pool were the best too! The spa was phenomenal!!! I did the water journey, with the visits to the 7 rooms which was like a dream! So amazing! I had a pedicure which was out of this world!! From the aromatherapy scents, to heated neck & hand pads, covered eyes during the pedicure....it was super relaxing! I thought I died & went to heaven!!!! The food was good too. Some of our favorites were the Canolli at the Italian restaurant (loved the outside seating area here too), the shrimp kabobs and sandwiches poolside and the French restaurant was wonderful too! The staff was very attentive without being overbearing! (We did not feel that we HAD to tip. We tipped when we felt we wanted to. ) Grand Velas was Amazing! I hope I am lucky enough to return some day!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opened in 2008, the luxurious All Inclusive Luxury Resort Grand Velas Riviera Maya is one of the newest resorts to distinguish Riviera Maya as a premier vacation destination. The uniquely Mexican world-class hospitality we provide is "Beyond All Inclusive, Beyond All Compare", and we are proud to be the only family-friendly All Inclusive resort in the Mexican Caribbean to have been rated Five Diamonds by the AAA. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Velas Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Velas All Suites And Spa Resort, Riviera Maya
- Grand Velas All Suites & Spa Resort, Riviera Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Grand Velas Hotel Riviera Maya
- Grand Velas Riviera Maya Mexico - Playa Del Carmen