Ill keep this short, Helia Corona (wedding and events coordinator) made our day, and 10 day trip so special. We had a destination wedding and headed to the Grand Velas flying blind from never staying there, and our whole wedding was planned through emails back and forth with Helia.
We showed up with our 37 guest and she greeted us with her smile and gave us A complete play by play of our rehearsal details as well as the big day details.
Weather was an issue with the random rainstorms and we originally planned on reception being outside at the Zen Pool. Morning of the wedding she got in touch and have us all of our options of what we could do in case of rain. There were options to stay "As is" and gamble the weather ( she explained in case of large rain DJ would pack up and reception would be cut short). There was an option to pay for a secondary set up indoors but keep outside reception and see how it goes. (This entailed entire banquet room being set up for a reception in case it rains outside there will be a minimal delay in reception because its already to go). Third option was to just move it inside and play it safe and not have to worry about a thing.
We chose to keep wedding on beach no matter what and move reception inside.
It was 11am day of the wedding which started at 5pm and we told her to change everything we have spoken of for the past few months. Helia assured me her team would make it as beautiful inside as we had planned the outdoor reception. She performed like no other.
Other than center pieces we bought we had no idea what lighting would be there, tables, set up at all!!! It was so beautiful, elegant, and special. To make it even better, 2 hours into reception it started pouring.
Helia Corona, the banquet center manager, bartender "Tom Cruz", and all the staff we came across at the hotel were unbelievable. I wouldn't have done it any different and would recommend this hotel for a wedding, vacation, or just to feel like royalty when you need it. (Wrote this from my phone so sorry for typos ha ha)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opened in 2008, the luxurious All Inclusive Luxury Resort Grand Velas Riviera Maya is one of the newest resorts to distinguish Riviera Maya as a premier vacation destination. The uniquely Mexican world-class hospitality we provide is "Beyond All Inclusive, Beyond All Compare", and we are proud to be the only family-friendly All Inclusive resort in the Mexican Caribbean to have been rated Five Diamonds by the AAA. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Velas Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Velas All Suites And Spa Resort, Riviera Maya
- Grand Velas All Suites & Spa Resort, Riviera Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Grand Velas Hotel Riviera Maya
- Grand Velas Riviera Maya Mexico - Playa Del Carmen